Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above.
You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Train and lead a team of up to twenty Commercial Sales Assistants (CSAs). The team will provide administrative and sales support to Commercial Relationship Managers (RMs) within a region. This position will report directly to the Regional President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1.Lead team that is equipped to provide highly effective sales support to Commercial RMs, such as Financial InSights prep, call-prep, calendar management, Salesforce pipeline management and portfolio management.
2.Ability to engage and coach team to provide world class client service support to Commercial clients in areas such as deposits, loan servicing and issue resolution.
3.Conduct formal and informal coaching monthly with direct reports. Recognize above average performance, as well as address non-performance in a timely manner (coaching may be virtual depending on market and distance).
4.Establish clear non-negotiable expectations for CSA team related to Commercial sales support, loan support, service support, responsiveness, proactivity, time management, bank policies and procedures, as well as all measures of performance and goals.
5.Serve as a regional contact for complex issues involving loan support for areas such as Loan Services, Commercial Fulfillment, Commercial Reconcilement and loan exceptions. Will be responsible for helping engage appropriate departments and making sure the issues have been resolved by the team.
6.Regional leader for special projects, clean-ups or initiatives that engage CSAs in commercial loan, service or sales administration tasks.
7.Lead team to be knowledgeable about Commercial products and processes. Stay abreast of changes, where appropriate, and communicate them effectively to the team.
8.Own the hiring, training, staffing, onboarding and meeting other Human Systems requirements for CSA direct reports, including but not limited to setting goals and objectives, evaluating performance, recommending salary adjustments, career planning and completing Personal Development Plans.
9.Responsible for instilling BB&T mission, vision and values, as well as identifying what motivates team members to elicit the most associate engagement.
10. Ensure that Commercial teams are properly supported during CSA workload fluctuations, vacations, training and leaves of absence (LOA). Coordinate support coverage, cross training and backup assistance.
11. Lead CSA team productivity and informational calls/meetings.
12. Liaison between the Bank and the CSA team, communicating changes, enhancements and best practices, while striving to improve the overall efficiency of the team.
13. Attend Regional Leadership Team meetings, market specific sales meetings, CSA corporate calls, Commercial Credit Leader (CCL) and credit related meetings to make sure team is kept aware of changes and initiatives. Rotate CSU team meeting attendance for coaching and inspection.
14. Must be able to navigate BB&T systems in order to review CSA team reports, Regional reports, dashboards and performance measure tools in order to effectively lead and coach CSAs to support the overall Commercial Team goals and initiatives (e.g. Salesforce, AFS, Client Central, Microstrategy, Content Navigator, Outlook).
15. Assist the Regional President and keep them informed of the overall team performance and Commercial team support needs of the region.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2.Three years of experience in loan underwriting documentation, closing and exception clearing
3.Very good communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to internal and external clients and contacts
4.Very good organizational skills
5.Ability to complete all core courses outlined in the Commercial Sales Support Leader training curriculum
6.Possess working product knowledge of commercial and general bank services
7.Strong interpersonal and sales support skills
8.Possess math aptitude with ability to grasp general accounting and financial concepts
9.Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and resolve technical problems independently, related to the Bank's loan and deposit systems, as well as collateral and other documentation situations
10. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and to handle multiple priorities under time constraints
11. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
12. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1.Commercial Sales Assistant Certification through BB&T University
2.Five years of experience in Commercial Banking Department or similar environment where loan documentation and/or credit transactions are handled
3.Two years of supervisory or leadership experience
4.Proficient knowledge of Excel program
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify