Commercial Lines Supervising Underwriter
Concord Group Insurance
Westborough , MA 01580
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are proud to be affiliated with Auto-Owners Insurance Company. Auto-Owners Insurance Company is a well-established mutual insurer with a long history of outstanding customer service and is an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty insurer. The Affiliation will allow us to expand our personal and commercial lines product offerings, grow our workforce, improve operating efficiencies and strengthen agency relationships. We are seeking a dynamic insurance professional to join our team of professionals to help us develop our Massachusetts territory. This position is located in our Westborough, MA office and will report to the Vice Presidents of Commercial Lines.Job Summary:
This position will provide leadership, coaching and technical underwriting support for a team of commercial lines underwriters. You will provide supervision and consistent support with growth/development goals, objectives and standards to support the achievement of the company and territory objectives. You will ensure underwriters properly develop and analyze risks, make sound underwriting decisions, execute those decisions, work effectively and provide excellent customer experiences.
- Provide guidance to underwriters to ensure quality underwriting decisions are consistent with company policies and programs.
- Work within underwriting guidelines, department standards and approval levels.
- Manage teams to ensure assigned workloads are completed within quality, productivity and service standards.
- Identify trends and training needs from quality assurance program process.
- Coaches and mentors team members for growth and development.
- Monitors underwriting results to take actions as needed to achieve profit and loss responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with all departments including marketing and sales to assist with prospecting and agency development activities.
- Work with countrywide, statewide, and company rating manuals.
- Provide input to management regarding local underwriting conditions of the territory and make suggestions that would effectively change the marketplace.
- Perform assigned agency reviews to evaluate performance and recommend corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned including occasional overnight travel.
- Bachelors degree or other post-secondary education required.
- 5-10 years of property and casualty underwriting experience specific to commercial lines.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Holding or pursuing industry designations, and certificates is desirable. CPCU preferred.
- Excellent telephone skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a PC environment with Microsoft Office and other software products.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
We have an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays and many others. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence to: E-mail HR@concordgroupins.com . Please be sure to put the title of the job on the subject if sending an e-mail. Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.