Commercial Grade Dedication (Cgd) Consultant
Piketon , OH 45661
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD) Consultant in Piketon, OH.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarros success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Navarro is seeking a Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD) consultation by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) is requested to assure compliant and effective commercial grade dedication. The CGD plans are required to comply with NQA-1 requirements. Client engineers will assist the development of the CGD plans. The SME will create, seek input, schedule reviews and execute the plans with input from MCS engineers as needed. This statement of work describes the requirements for the SME consultation role.
- Period of Performance will be through 9/30/2021
- Position could be remote, but there would need to be a lot of deep cooperation with the personnel in Portsmouth. Possible site visits may be needed.
- This position will be part time, but there may be some weeks possibly being full time, dependent on the work load.
The DUF4 Project is a nuclear facility at the Department of Energy (DOE) Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant in Piketon, Ohio. The project involves the purchase of safety significant items and services.
Scope of Work
- The SME will create, seek input, schedule reviews and execute the plans with input from MCS engineers as needed. Activities may include the following:
- Seek input from MCS engineers in the development of plans
- Verification that the item or service performs a safety function and meets the commercial grade dedication definition
- Evaluate the critical characteristics and acceptance criteria specified
- Evaluate the selection of dedication method(s) chosen for determining compliance with critical characteristic acceptance criteria
- Evaluate CGD plans to assure they focus on safety function
- Review equipment design specifications
- Schedule meetings to review
- Ensure the execution of CGD plans on DUF4 related items
- Provide recommendations for improving the CGD plans
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field.
- Senior level experience with DOE Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD).
- Expert level knowledge of ASME NQA-1-2008, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications with Addenda NQA-1a-2009. Part I requirements and Part II, Subpart 2.14, Quality Assurance Requirements for Commercial Grade Items and Services.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.