Combustion & Emissions Engineer
Franklin , TN 37067
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a Combustion & Emissions Engineer to lead the identification, development, demonstration, and commercialization of new applications for organic combined heat and power systems. The Candidate will be responsible for optimizing combustion and emissions systems. Qualified engineers will have a strong working knowledge of combustion and mechanical systems.
The ideal Candidate is mathematically and mechanically minded and has strong analytical and critical thinking abilities. The position includes responsibility for analyzing the complex engineering systems within several product lines for the company. With a strong working knowledge of engineering and combustion principles, this role must collaborate with cross-functional teams over multiple disciplines with an objective to discover problems that need to be resolved through innovative solutions.
About the Company
Climate change and Waste Overabundance threaten our current way of life. Enexor BioEnergy (www.Enexor.com) is a venture capital backed renewable energy and carbon conversion solution company located in Franklin, Tennessee. Enexor BioEnergys patented Bio-CHP system can convert any type of organic, biomass, or plastic waste (in any combination) into reliable, renewable onsite electricity and thermal power while significantly offsetting harmful greenhouse gases and capturing carbon. With partnerships with Google, Halliburton Company, the United Nations, and BorgWarner Inc., Enexor is looking for highly motivated, hardworking, highly intelligent, team-oriented people to join its rapidly expanding organization.
- Perform heat and mass balance and peak flow calculations.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative risk assessments.
- Create detailed design specifications.
- Flue gas modeling and abatement system design.
- Create the overall design and layout of emissions testing equipment and procedures to be used.
- Assist in the scheduling of tests and use established and well-defined engineering procedures to audit emission levels of manufactured products.
- Evaluate and develop mechanical and electromechanical systems and products.
- Design and conduct research programs, applying specific and relevant engineering principles.
- Develop and assist with reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- Document testing and engineering procedures via text, charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate process and spans of control to ensure consistency of applications across processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of previous engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of solid modeling & CAD software.
- Experience with CFD and flow simulation tools.
- Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Strong understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Candidate must be authorized to lawfully work in the United States.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health Insurance Stipend
This position is based in Franklin, TN. Relocation assistance will not be provided.