Combat AI Engineer
Redmond , WA 98052
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job Description:Artech is looking for a Combat AI Designer to join us in building compelling combat with a focus on AI-controlled enemies and vehicles. The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of current AI Design, a proven record of collaborating and communicating cross-discipline, and has experience building and tuning challenging encounters. A Designer in this role can expect to work on all gameplay areas of AI, including enemies, friendlies, non-combatants, pre- and post-combat AI, as well as vehicle AI.Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Work closely with other AI Designers to create compelling AI combatants.
- Ensure that all other disciplines working on characters have the clear design goals they will need to perform their work.
- Seek out input and ideas from other disciplines and teams to ensure that all character needs are met across all game modes.
- Prototype systems and new characters quickly with script and proxy assets to prove out all-new gameplay.
- Work closely with Engineers to build new gameplay features for use in AI systems and on new characters.
- Work closely with Sandbox and Campaign Designers to make the core gameplay loop shine in shipping encounters.
- Take systems and characters from prototype through production, final tuning and shipping.
- Work with User Research to verify that the player experience of characters and AI systems is clear, fun and supports different levels of skill.
- Gather feedback from playtests to inform tuning and iteration.
- 3+ years relevant game development experience.
- 1+ shipped AAA title or equivalent experience.
- Ability to demonstrate analysis of combat AI in at least one Halo game, and discuss strengths and weaknesses.
- Passion for creative enemy design through compelling AI combatants.
- Scripting experience (Lua a plus).
- Familiarity with game engines/tools Unreal, Frostbite, Unity etc).
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in communicating design needs and goals across disciplines.
- Experience in successfully pitching ideas, strategic initiatives, and game concepts to peers and leads.
- React positively to design critiques, and turn feedback into stronger designs through iteration.
- Positive, self-starting attitude.