Completes accounts receivable tasks related to collecting payments from customers. Maintains accurate customer correspondence files and corresponds with customers about their accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Assists with training, development and on-boarding of junior teammates fielding their questions and providing guidance, support and direction on issues or problems relative to credit-hold release.
2.Acts as a point person on more complex collection matters including involvement in the review and analysis of the outstanding Accounts Receivables situation.
3.Collects on all assigned accounts with the objective of ensuring payments are received within contracted terms (this includes short pays, open invoices, aged balances, finance charges etc).
4.Generates the monthly Finance Charge Invoices and disburses to customers through email and regular post.
5.Generates and mails monthly statements, downloads reports and e-mails electronic statements to customers as needed.
6.Reviews customer aging and trend reports throughout the month proceeding with necessary collection steps to ensure timely payment.
7.Researches past due invoices which appear on the aging report and mails collection letters to customers, when applicable, and includes copies of past due invoices.
8.Follows up with phone call/second mailing if necessary and refers uncollectible accounts to the Shared Services Center (SSC) Management for collection aging or bad debt write-off.
9.Processes approved adjustments and write-offs up to $50 and maintains a detailed record of correspondence and all actions in accordance with the credit policy.
10. Processes partial pays according to procedures. Reviews partial payment notices daily and takes appropriate actions for resolution. Ensures all payments are applied correctly. Contacts the customer to obtain the reason for partial payment and takes appropriate actions.
11. Works directly with customer on invoice discrepancies. Communicates and reviews pricing discrepancies to contracts team, shipping discrepancies to customer service or warehouse teams to assist with timely processing of appropriate credits. Relays credit outcome to the customer and continues with collection efforts as needed.
12. Generates and distributes weekly/bi-weekly/monthly reports as required by management.
13. Generates and reviews accounts receivable reports and takes appropriate actions (including but not limited to: daily activity report, daily exceeding credit limit report and daily partial payment report and the POA and Unapplied report).
14. Reviews applied cash to accounts (POA), researches mis-postings and locates customer remits to correct accordingly. Communicates findings to the home office.
15. Monitors Cash on Delivery/Cash In Advance (COD/CIA) accounts to ensure payments are received and applied.
16. Monitors credit hold screens in credit tracking software consistently throughout the day. Contacts customers for payment information and makes recommendation to the appropriate Credit Manager on disposition of the order.
17. Negotiates payments schedules and approved settlements with customer. This will pertain to all invoice balances inclusive of finance charges--escalating up the chain-of-command as needed.
18. Utilizes multiple internal and external systems.
19. Communicates and coordinates collection efforts with SSC management, sales force, credit management and other managers deemed necessary and appropriate.
20. Monitors assigned accounts to ensure payments are received an applied.
21. Performs other clerical duties as required including filing, data entry, typing, etc.
22. Participates on conference calls and attends customer meetings as needed.
23. May assist with new account set-ups with appropriate documentation and authorization.
24. Works within a shared-services environment, with matrix reporting lines to CEC leadership and global process leadership.
25. Collaborates directly with client engagement, purchasing support, and finance operations teammates. Other direct interactions may include working with the Pricing, Rebates, Accounts Payable, Master Data, and Invoicing groups.
26. Confers with customers to explain types of payment options available.
27. Files credit applications after credit department approves or disapproves credit.
28. Checks references by phone or form letter and notifies customer of acceptance or rejection of credit.
29. Answers credit rating requests from banks and credit bureaus.
30. Processes all credit card transactions and ensures all payments are posted correctly to the accounts.
31. May assist retrieving and sending Payment-On-Demand (POD) requests to customers. May call vendors for shipping information
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1.High School Diploma or GED, required
2.Three or more years of work experience in accounts receivable and/or credit/collections, call center or a related discipline/work environment, required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1.Basic knowledge of general accounting, collections and/or credit processes.
2.Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools including: Excel, Word and Outlook.
3.Ability to following instructions for implementing accounts receivables/credit procedures.
4.Ability to effectively speak to supervisors, teammates or customers or others and convey information by phone, in written form, by email or in person.
5.Ability to accurately document information in files, reports or other forms of communication.
Owens & Minor, Inc.