St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees.
The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.Responsible for making outbound and taking inbound telephone calls to talk to patients and guarantors in an attempt to secure payment and/or payment arrangements for the Single Business Office (SBO) which includes hospital and physician billing self-pay balances.
Demonstrates strong teamwork skills by working multiple departments and systems. Assists in the management of accounts receivable while ensuring the maximization of the insurance payment. Applies critical thought to respond to individual and unique patient account inquiries in order to satisfy business and customer needs. The intent of this job description is to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Uses various techniques to obtain payment on accounts with outstanding patient balances in accordance with policies and procedures (i.e., telephone, letter, e-mail, automated collection system). Answers SBO telephone lines in a timely fashion, and provides callers with a pleasant, courteous and professional reception. Informs and educates patients regarding issues identified at the time of reimbursement assessment.
2.Demonstrates a positive, open-minded, can-do attitude. Represents a team perspective and willingness and enthusiasm to collaborate with others. Enthusiastically promotes a cooperative team environment to provide value to all customers. Listens and interacts tactfully, diplomatically and effectively without alienating others.
3.Assists patients or guarantors in resolving complaints, misunderstandings, and incorrect information via telephone or written inquiries related to open account balances.
4.Coordinates activities, answer inquiries, and provides documentation requested by collection agencies, insurance carriers and other parties relating to open accounts receivable.
5.Maintains excellent understanding of patient accounting billing for hospital and physician services, third party payment methodologies and resulting of out-of-pocket balances to ensure patient concerns or questions are fully answered.
6.Maintains thorough understanding of hospital and physician discount and financial assistance policies (both internal and external) to address patient's inability to pay outstanding balances.
7.Reviews and approves/denies charity care applications. Negotiates payment plan arrangements within guidelines and works with our external financial assistance (Medicaid) vendor to help patients with their balance.
8.Performs all collection activities in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
9.Manages the receipt of and charging to patient credit cards, and maintains logs of same.
10. Handles bankruptcy notices and correspondence from agencies
11. Actively participates in the training and development of new team members, including direct side-by-side training.
12. Follows through on commitments and achieves desired results. Exhibits sound judgment, obtains the facts, examines options, gains support, and achieves positive outcomes.
13. Performs related business office responsibilities as assigned. Maintains courteous and professional relations with other departments and/or employees.
14. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information
15. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
16. Demonstrates/models the Network's Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
17. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
18. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
19. Review and monitors amounts due from accounts receivable that have been determined to be the patient/ guarantor responsibility.
20. Demonstrates/ models the hospital core values and customer service behaviors in interaction with all customers.
21. Complies with all hospital and departmental policies and/ or procedures.
22. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
1.Maintain confidentiality of all materials handled.
2.Other related duties as assigned.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St Luke's University Health Network