Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Coffee Quality Control Manager
Soho House & Co.
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will be responsible for managing, maintaining and running the coffee operations of Soho House Chicago in line with the Group Coffee Development Strategy. Delivering outstanding customer service with superb attention to detail, efficiency, quality and product knowledge. Responsible for quality control, in-house training and coffee offerings across the site. Instill and maintain passion for Specialty Coffee in staff and customers alike through House Tonic and Member Events. Supporting management team as needed. Reports to Head Coffee QC Manager and reports to AGM on site.
- Upholds Mystery Shopper guidelines and all Service Standards.
- Reports to work as scheduled, well groomed, and ready to be in position.
- Manage staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, schedules, payroll, staff complaints and disciplinary procedures.
- Assess staff performance, conduct appraisals, and strategize for improving staff performance.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
- Maintain a positive attitude to guest requirements Attentiveness to service, responding positively to guests needs, ensuring timely resolution.
- Resolving staff issues/concerns, ensuring follow up.
- Properly communicating with other departments regarding daily activities/issues.
- Supporting staff with service when and where necessary.
- Monitoring staff schedule to accommodate business needs on a daily basis.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Ensure that the health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, workers comp procedures, and allergy procedures) is adhered to at all times.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable.
- Train baristas, bar staff, managers on coffee program, standards and dialing in machine.
- Quality check coffee program to ensure accuracy and standards set by Head of Coffee Development and Head QC Manager.
- Work with bar management team to ensure coffee program and communication between barista/bar staff.
- Maintain Coffee boards as required.
- Work with House Tonic program, conduct one coffee related HT training per month.
- Lead one Member Event per month.
- Ensure sites/teams are ordering correctly, as needed and according to budget on all inventory items.
- Monitoring equipment and help ensure maintenance with bar management.
- Ensure all FOH staff and EPOS tills are regularly updated all new offers, taste notes and profiles.
- Ensure consistency in all facets of coffee service and production across all bars.
- Give constructive feedback to Head Coffee QC Manager.
- Liaise with Bar Manager to make sure all bars always have the right team on for every shift and to ensure coffee consistency, while making sure wages are within budget.
- Any new beverages, products, standards, or any change to the coffee program must be approved directly by Head Coffee QC Manager and local management.
- Actively encourage and train baristas at all levels to further themselves and gain additional skills, includes existing and new staff members.
- Provide machine audits and carry out weekly and monthly maintenance according to schedule agreed with Head Coffee QC Manager.
- Assists in controlling CGS on site by performing counts as needed, setting pars and ensuring orders are placed appropriately by Managers.
- Manage and controls cost variances and reports losses to Head Coffee QC Manager and local management.
- Provide weekly reports to Head Coffee QC Manager and local management.
- Weekly meetings with Head Coffee QC Manager and AGM.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- 3+ years coffee experience in a supervisory role with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation.
- Flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- A sophisticated communicator with high standards of performance together with excellent communication, problem solving and listening skills.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to create strong relationships with guests, members, and staff.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet as well as stationary for at least 10 hours daily.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 20 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.
- Soho House can progress your career internationally.
Learning & Development
- An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
Cookhouse & House Tonic
- Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.