The Coder III is responsible for the assignment of accurate and complete International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Health Care Financing Administration Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes and modifiers for inpatient visits is essential to the hospitals cash flow. The Coder III is responsible for performing complex technical duties with a high degree of accuracy and at a fast pace.
Top "must haves" for this job:
- Three years experience coding inpatient records of various specialties for data collection and optimum reimbursement required.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or equivalent preferred.
- Associates or Bachelors required
Top reasons to love this job:
- Competitive salary offered
- Full benefits package available
- Opportunity to make an impact with one of the best facilities in the state