Coating Technician (Direct Hire)
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
Rochester , NY 14620
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Remedy is thrilled to be working with a custom optics manufacturer with an urgent need for a Coating Technician. Check out more great details below!
Job Title:Optical Coating Technician (Direct Hire)
Full Time / Permanent / Direct Hire
Location: Rochester, NY
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 10 paid holidays
- And more
Essential job duties for this role will include:
- Assists with the research, design, and development of thin film coatings in a safe, productive, efficient manner.
- Ensures timely delivery of quality coated items.
- Interacts with customers and vendors regarding coating specifications.
- Assists in the design and implementation of coating fixtures and tooling.
- Writes and updates coating procedures and work instructions.
- Trains and guides other staff members on proper operation of coating equipment and execution of coating procedures.
- Maintains established process parameters to ensure that quality parts are being produced.
- Establishes and implements quality control testing procedures to ensure conformance of coated parts.
- Participates in root cause analyses for nonconforming coating results. Implements corrective actions and updates standards for future prevention.
- Establishes and supports implementation of preventative maintenance procedures and cleaning processes and making sure these activities occur on schedule or as needed. Coordinates internal and external resources to troubleshoot failures, find replacement parts, and schedule repairs.
- Identifies potential safety issues and reacts appropriately to minimize risk of incidents. Troubleshoots safety incidents to find root causes. Implements corrective actions and updates standards for future prevention.
- Provides coating consultation support to Quality Control department as required.
Were looking for an Optical Coating Technicians with the following background profile/skillset:
- Minimum 5 years experience in optical coating lab production environment.
- Basic analytical skills, including basic statistical analysis.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Windows operating systems.
- Optical Coating experience - PVD coating preferred
If you are a knowledgeable coating professional with prior experience in optical coating/lab production, we strongly urge you to apply today for immediate consideration!
(Please note: we will immediately begin sending initial interview invitations to qualitied candidates via email so please be sure you're applying with your most up-to-date resume and contact info and keep an eye on your inbox/junk mail!)