Coal Miner - Underground Supervisor
Wheeling , WV 26003
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Ohio County Coal Resources, Inc. Golden Ridge Portal is located near Dallas, WV.
Duties could include but are not limited to:
- Providing first level supervision to a crew of employees responsible for production of coal at the face and / or outby areas.
- Responsible for completing daily time records and maintaining daily records of production and other information needed by the Shift Supervisor.
- Performing visual safety inspections in a coalmine of previously mined and uninhabited areas and reporting potential unsafe conditions to the appropriate mine personnel.
- Performing measurements of mine airflow and interpreting digital methane gas meters.
- Providing oversight of material delivery to designated work areas; and supervise brattice work, setting posts and roof supports, clean up duties, hanging ventilation curtains, and other associated tasks.
- Responsible for providing a safe work area and maximum productivity on his or her crew.
- Work closely with the Shift Supervisor to follow the mine plan. Must also work closely with the Maintenance Supervisors in coordinating scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the equipment.
- Responsible for teaching new employees the correct operating techniques of the equipment and proper safety habits while working underground.
Candidates must have current miner certification & Mine Foreman Certification
- Must have current Coal Miner Credentials.
- Must have working knowledge of coal mining operations; including safety, production, maintenance, and cost.
- Must have supervisory and management skills, experience and credentials.
- Must have required certifications, which may include Asst. Mine Foreman, fire boss, electrical card, rescue and first aid.
- Must possess effective verbal communication skills.
- Must meet all Federal, State and Local requirements.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Salary Continuation and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan, vacation and holidays.