Coal Miner - Experienced
Bessemer , AL 35023
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Employees in this role provide general labor as assigned by the supervisor which may include, but is not limited to, building stoppings, setting posts and roof supports, maintaining clean areas, hanging curtains, operating equipment, assisting mechanics, and other duties as assigned.
Must be an experienced underground coal miner to apply for this position.
- Ability to work in an underground mine environment.
- Ability to rotate shifts on a 24/7 basis and work overtime as needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of mine management and co-workers.
- Ability to perform heavy labor.
- Visually inspect work area for potential hazards.
- Perform methane checks.
- Ability to perform fill-in duties for other workers as necessary.
- Able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Candidates must meet all federal and state requirements to work in this position and to perform associated tasks.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have completed MSHA Underground Miner Training and have current retraining.
- At least one (1) year related experienced preferred.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription plans; Life Insurance, Sickness and Accident Benefits, vacation and holidays.