Advantic Building Group
Miamisburg , OH 45342
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our culture and our people are our top priority. We believe a group of talented individuals will be a highly successful team when they are valued and respected in the context of Advantics Build Better. Deliver Well. culture.
The CNC Programmer is responsible for programming ABGs CNC equipment in utilizing best practices in machining and manufacturing to meet schedule and quality standards while ensuring safe operation of all equipment.
The CNC Programmer is a new and critical role for ABG that interfaces with engineering, project management and fabrication teams.
- The successful Candidate will be trained by ABG on programming software for our 5-Axis and 3-Axis machines.
- Utilize CamProX CAD/CAM software suite to program 5-axis CNC machine from 3D .step files
- Identify and create tool paths based on part features and efficient machining practices
- Develop and maintain tool and part libraries
- Understands CNC machine operation, setup, and programming concepts
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and part drawings with standard GD&T symbols
- Manipulate 3D files in Fusion 360 when required.
- Documents and establishes standards and modifies, adjusts, and corrects existing standards to incorporate improvements or changes.
- Evaluates all completed programs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully produce the desired fabricated part.
- Choose cutting tools that will be needed.
- Communicates with all departments to assure the most economical manufacturing process per the Companys current capabilities and procedures
- Communicates with production personnel regarding time standards and timely response to suggestions for process improvement
- Demonstrates knowledge of and maintains compliance with customer specifications as well as internal policies and procedures
- Interface with Engineering for clarification, correction, or requested changes (finish, tolerance, or design) as needed to reliably manufacture the part
- Interface with others outside the department throughout the organization as needed to resolve any limitations on machining of parts and offer improvement suggestions to reduce cost, improve throughput, and/or improve product quality.
- Run CNC Equipment to prove out programs as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Experience programming and running CNC equipment (mill, lathe, 5-axis)
- Strong mechanical and manufacturing aptitude.
- Understand, interpret, and edit machine program code (i.e. Fanuc M&G codes)
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical Engineering Drawings, including GD&T Tolerancing.
- Understand specific manufacturing processes, machining practices and methods, and related tooling and materials used to produce product across assigned CNC Equipment.
- Strong computer, visualization, and communication (personal and technical) skills related to field
- Ability to listen and understand others both inside and outside department.
Advantic provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- An exciting work environment and the opportunity to change an industry
- Flexibility and responsibility
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Medical, dental, vision benefits