Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
CNC Machinist II
Arab , AL 35016
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for operating CNC (Computer Numeric Controlled) or manual machine tools to cut, drill, shape and finish quality products and components.
- Operate conventional, special-purpose and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate metal and plastic parts.
- Setup manual and CNC equipment as follows:*
- Align and secure holding fixtures, attachments and accessories
- Install cutting tools
- Set tool offsets utilizing a tooling pre-setter or manual process
- Load CNC program as required utilizing the DNC system or other program transfer device
- Load raw material in machine*
- Review and understand processing documentation including:*
- Technical drawing specifications
- Special requirements
- Set up sheets
- Inspection requirements
- Sequence of operations*
- Adjust tool off-sets and speed/feed rates to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Inspect product utilizing assigned gauging per the approved quality plan
- Identify visual and cosmetic issues on parts during manufacturing process per customer specification.
- Adhere to all procedures, work instructions and forms per the Quality Management system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 2-4 years of applied machining experience
• HS Diploma or GED
- Certification from machine trade school desired
- Lean experience a plus
- Medical industry experience desired.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Data Entry
- Math skills including basic trigonometry
- Basic understanding of GD&T methodology
- Understand technical drawings, inspection requirements, and machine set-up techniques
- Detailed and thorough completion of shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily maintenance sheets
- Knowledge and experience in using hand held quality control inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, bore gages, depth gages, radius gages, and height gages
- Able to run multiple machines simultaneously
- Operate 2 to 4 Axis machines
- Self-motivated with an ability to work alone or in a team environment
- Ability to work across departments to meet product quality standards efficiently
- Communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to read and interpret the English language
- Good listening skills
- Problem solver
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- Able to work overtime and weekends as required
- Required regularly to sit and talk or hear.
- Required to frequently stand, walk, and use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Required occasionally to reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Corrected vison of 20/20, preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced quality oriented environment.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
- Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.