CNC Machine Operator
La Puente , CA 91745
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our manufacturing company for specialty tools, is currently hiring for CNC machine operators for 2nd shift. DIRECT HIRE
The work hours are from 4:00 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.
Saturdays ARE A MUST when there is over time.
The work hours for Saturday is 12:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Summary With minimal supervision, sets-up and operates various CNC multi axis mills and dual spindle lathes with live tooling including editing programs and use of precision measuring tools while adhering to all safety requirements.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Working from engineering blueprints, machines parts to very close tolerances and specified finishes
- Must be able to adjust offsets on the machine and change inserts and tools as needed
- Inspect and approve your own machined parts and conduct Statistical Process Control as required
- Check and verify machine maintenance has been done on equipment
- When required, edit programs to machine special parts and tools Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of speeds and feeds based on various raw materials being machined
- Set-up and operates various CNC mills and lathes insuring machine cycle times and tool life is optimized
- Must be able to tear down set-ups and prepare tooling for the next job prior to finishing the current job.
For example, should be preparing the next set-up while the machine is in cycle time. Continuously improve machine set-up times and switch overs. Participates in Rapid Continuous Improvement (RCI) Kaizen