CNC Machine Operator
Oregon City , OR 97045
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Machine Operator, Finishing Robot is responsible for the controlling operations of the finishing robot, loading programs into the machine and executing the program to accurately machine parts to meet customer specifications
The Machine Operator, Finishing Robot reports to Finishing Department Supervisor.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors, and to obtain approval to continue production
- The robot operator will be responsible for the maintenance of the Robot as requested by supervisor
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, and fixtures.
- Possess ability to pull up existing robotic programs and make slight point modification using the control.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitor the operating of the machine to ensure proper program performance
- Provide feedback to supervisor and programmer as to the performance of the program
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and organized condition.
- Maintain parts in work area in an organized and separated condition.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material and any unusual conditions to the department supervisor or lead.
- Follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Support Lean Manufacturing and EHS initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
- Lead quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
- One (1) year belting and/or polishing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good with computers.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to use adjustable measuring instruments
- Basic understanding of interpreting dimensional call-outs, and finish specifications on prints.
- Ability to visually detect defects.
- Ability to use buffing and polishing lathes
- Ability to use air and/or electric and hand held tools
- Ability to run automated equipment
- Ability to articulate the required techniques involved in polishing products to other employees
- Will use a computer to create/edit robot belting and polishing programs
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
- Lifting of materials to 25# up to 8 hours/day
- Visual acuity equal to Jaeger #2 at not less than 12” corrected or uncorrected in at least 1 eye.
- Must adhere to Company Code of Conduct and Core Values
- Lifting of materials to 35# 33% of the time
- Requires repetitive grasping, fingering, manipulation of materials.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Use of PPE per JHA
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High School or equivalent
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values and leadership competencies is foundational.
- Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
- Teamwork: We Are All Connected
- Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com