Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
CNC Boring Mill Machinist
Linked Professional Services
Sterling Heights , Michigan 48314
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
: Set up and operate boring mill per Company planning and customer blueprints. Produce quality parts in an efficient manner.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may also be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications.
- Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup.
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining.
- Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines materials, parts, and equipment required.
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures and certify/test product.
- Work with Machining Manager making every effort to maintain all production schedules.
- Inspect work produced using various instruments to verify conformance to specifications.
- Lift test required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- At least five years of machine shop experience with experience running boring mills.
- Ability to read blueprints and calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- Must be able to organize tooling to be placed or removed from machine and organize tools to be used or changed accordingly.