Fort Walton Beach , FL 32549
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
HCA Fort Walton Beach Medical Center seeks to hire a Certified Nursing Assistant in the who will embrace our mission where we are committed to the care an improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed hospital located in Fort Walton Beach in the panhandle of Northwest Florida. With a medical staff of over 200 physicians, it is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also has a psychiatric treatment center, and advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and neonatal intensive care units. In addition to these disease specific services, the medical center has emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express Care.
Under the direction of a registered nurse, provides patient care and clerical/receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of FWBMC.
- Assists with patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs, monitoring of intake and output and patient transport. Assists with ADLs based in the patient condition, including mobility, patient transfer, bathing, toileting, feeding, skin care, oral care, etc.
- Organizes, monitors and documents patient care activities then communicates activities with the nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient charts, physician orders and nursing orders. Is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment. Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit. Promotes and displays a positive, customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning general workstations and equipment along with ordering and stocking supplies. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm or potential patient safety issues.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety. Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- As a crisis prevention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request (a.k.a. Dr. Love).
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.