Cloud Security Engineer (Senior)
San Francisco , CA 94105
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Were looking for risk takers who love to make a difference, believe in the value of hard work and perseverance and most importantly, share our values. This is an incredibly important job for our company.
As the Senior Engineer for Cloud Security you will work closely with technical peers across all of GapTech. You will ensure that our platforms and technologies protect all Gap Customer and Employee Data analyzed, captured, processed, and/or stored.
You will also be key to enabling security self-sufficiency across our DevOps organization by helping establish local programs such as the Security Champions, Security University, and Application Security.
As the Senior Engineer you will report directly to the Director of Product Security.
- solutions architect for cloud implementation
- assist Business and DevOps partners
- maintain the local Security Champions program
- assess security risks
- conduct threat modeling, code review and penetration testing
- enforce secure development lifecycle
- assist with the implementation and execution of the application security program
- participate in the creation of the Security University curriculum
- present security updates, recommendations and strategic opportunities to local leadership
- challenge status quo on security matters
- Provide advice on security strategies
- Experience with: OpenStack, AWS, Azure, GCE, OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- TCP/IP, cryptographic protocols and algorithms, operating system internals and operations
- Product-centric Cloud security experience (private, hybrid)
- Deep understanding of web application attacks including SQLi, XSS, XXE, and other common security issues
- Apache, PHP, SSH, UNIX hosts, TLS, etc.
- Experience working in a risk based environment including mitigation, planning and implementation
- Operational flexibility in modifying business and operating practices to adapt to a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and operate outside established methods and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to gain immediate credibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and develop lasting, productive and collaborative relationships
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proven success working across organizational and geographic boundaries
- Preferred Certifications - CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ISO27001
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years experience in an information-security related occupation
GAP, Inc. believes in growth and innovation. The digital marketplace has reshaped the storefront and our five brands know no borders. We are committed to sustainability, fair wages and equal pay and believe our business will succeed in a world where everyone has the chance to stand as equals and thrive.