South Bend , IN 46601
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting edge technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Started only four years ago, today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a finalist for a 2017 award for Indiana Tech Company Scale-Up of the Year. Trek10 is an Advanced Tier AWS Consulting Partner with AWS Partner Competencies in DevOps and IOT. We have a focus on designing and building IOT and Serverless systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it.
Cloud Engineer - Position Description
Trek10 is looking for a cloud and devops engineer to design and build massively scalable systems with remarkably high reliability and low cost on AWS for our clients. Our Cloud Engineers are the expert implementers in our organization, building the platforms and systems that are relied upon by our clients and Trek10 itself. This is a complex role that will enable as well as challenge you to grow your skills technical and non-technical. Joining in this role provides you the opportunity to work with a diverse team of Trek10 architects and engineers that are building the future. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Own implementation of defined stories and other work items for some of the most technically advanced brands on the planet
- Increasing opportunities to assist with designing, estimating, and planning efforts
- Focus on AWS IOT back-ends, Serverless architectures, and highly automated implementation and optimization
- Participate in cross-functional implementation teams to deliver world-class solutions to clients
- Participate in delivery efforts using Agile or other work methodologies
- Participate in customer facing conversations presenting or debating technical decisions and educating our customers
- Learn, coach, and share knowledge and skills with other Trek10 team members
- Augment and design support systems and response procedures and coordinate hand-off to CloudOps Support Engineers
- Identify and take lead on opportunities to improve individually and at the organizational level
- Contribute to internal IP and open source development
- Everything else: Write cool blog posts, do talks at community events, help us achieve additional certifications in the AWS Partner Community, help our clients solve all sorts of problems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years experience in IT
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building scalable, automated infrastructure
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, code-defined infrastructure, configuration management tools, and CI/CD
- Significant programming experience, our languages of choice are Python and Node.js, growing interest in Golang
- Strongly preferred
- Experience with AWS Lambda and Serverless systems
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in an rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun
Trek10 is home to great nerds.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, stock options, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long term professional growth and development.