Cloud Engineer - IT Infrastructure Engineering And Automation 200002O4
Atlanta , GA 30301
Cloud Engineer - IT Infrastructure Engineering and Automation 200002O4
Location: Columbus, IN with Option of Nashville, TN or possible Virtual LocationNo, this isnt one of those ordinary jobs.Description
We are place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the worlds leading clean, engine technology. Were also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with todays most innovative thinkers to solve the worlds toughest problems.We are looking for a talented Cloud Engineer supporting IT Infrastructure Engineering and Automation located in Columbus, IN.In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways;
- Development of custom automation based on business needs.
- Implement, support and migrate applications (lift and shift, refactor) onto Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, OCI or VMC on AWS).
- Implement, support DevOps toolsets e.g. configuration management, containers, CI/CD, Source Control and IaC).
- Proactively seek new value-add automation opportunities for internal customers and converts those new opportunities to realized value.
Role SummaryProvides application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards; translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
- Assists in creating and managing the technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution
- Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution
- Delivers solution design, adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components
- Assists in creating high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements
- Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications
- Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability
- Participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s)
- Leverages re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solution
- Ensures adherence to obtain efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible
- Assists in the test strategy and execution of master test plan
- Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or runbooks used for end-user support
- Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution
- Provides level 3 support for critical issues
SkillsSolution Design -
Creates and defines the solution design complete with instrumentation and measurement, using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to synthesize diagrams, models and documentation in order to build a solution that meets buildability, business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.Solution Functional Fit Analysis -
Composes and decomposes a system into its component parts using procedures, tools and work aides for the purpose of studying how well the component parts were designed, purchased and configured to interact holistically to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.Solution Modeling -
Creates, designs and formulates models, diagrams and documentation using Cummins IT processes, standards, tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.Solution Configuration -
Configures, creates and tests a solution for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.Data Modeling -
Creates, writes and tests data models, test scripts and build scripts using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.Performance Tuning -
Conceptualizes, analyzes and solves application, database and hardware problems using our IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.Solution Validation Testing -
Validates a configuration item change or solution using the IT Operating Model (ITOM), including the SDLC standards, tools and metrics, to ensure that it works as designed and meets customer requirements.Customer focus -
Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.Manages complexity -
Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.Global perspective -
Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.Optimizes work processes -
Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.Manages conflict -
Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noiseEducation, Licenses, Certifications
Compensation and Benefits
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required
- Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
E-verifyWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. We validate right to work using E-Verify.We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify