Cloud Application Architect - AWS
Reston , VA 20190
Posted 2 weeks ago
We are a small team of passionate problem solvers working to radically change how ambitious organizations and federal agencies build software. We think differently and have developed amazing solutions for interesting problems for our government and commercial customers.
We believe in working in small teams of extraordinarily talented people with a relentless focus on innovation. We have a bias towards action and believe in taking responsible risks without being reckless. We have awesome problems to solve. If you are a problem solver with a passion for innovation, you will be a great fit.
Our financial services innovation practice is looking for a Senior AWS Solutions Architect - experienced technologists with technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. Our financial services team is responsible for executing a large cloud implementation at a Fortune 50 Client.
The Solutions Architect is a combination of a subject matter guru, trusted advisor and cloud services authority. You will be responsible, working as part of our Cloud team, to help define the tools, processes and methods, and develop systems that will utilize Private and Public clouds (AWS, Azure, and others).
You must be selfmotivated with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology consulting. You will have a demonstrated ability create solutions for customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate technical resources, and deliver results.
Your typical day
(Stuff you will typically do your responsibilities)
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services.
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized and resilient.
- Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming.
- Support the full project lifecycle - to include: strategy, design, implementation and automation, as well as production-readiness and documentation activities.
- Participate in the definition of application architecture, technology stack; research new technologies, and prototype new ideas.
- Develop future state cloud blueprints for key systems along with a transition plan and a roadmap, prototype solutions as needed.
- Actively contribute to internal Terafuze efforts .
(Stuff you MUST HAVE)
- 5+ years working or consulting directly on customer-facing project engagements crafting software using the Java eco system.
- 3+ years of direct experience architecting/designing high throughput applications on AWS
- Proven ability to architect, design and implement cloud-based and/or cloud-native solutions
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms and server-less computing like Docker, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda
- Hands-on experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and basic experience creating RESTful services
- Basic knowledge of database management systems
- Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON/YML
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef, Ansible or similar.
- Experience with migrations to the cloud from both physical and virtual environments
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- AWS Solution Architect certification.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
(Optional stuff that can make you stand out from the crowd)
- Recent financial services cloud experience.
- Knowledge of Agile development practices and software development using object-oriented languages, such as Java.
(Stuff that will get you stoked)
- Competitive salary based on role, experience and cost of living.
- Awesome Tech- Whatever tech you need, your own Mac, iPhone, thunderbolt or what you need to best do your work.
- Awesome Downtime- Flexible time off.
- Available best in class medical, dental and vision.
- Free Kindle + Unlimited Books
- Company matched 401K, investment and retirement advice.
- In-house training, Certifications and Tech Conferences, Speaking Opportunities.
- Beyond Software- Be nice and do good. Make a difference in some ones life.
Terafuze Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Terafuze Inc.