It is office based position . Job Responsibilities -
Manages all clinical aspects of study, including: assesses operational feasibility and recommends study execution plan; assist in developing and managing comprehensive Clinical study timelines and metrics; provides study-specific training and leadership to clinical research staff; prepares and presents project debriefings, as required; plans, executes, and leads study-specific meetings (e.g., Study Management Meetings, investigator meetings); participates in site monitoring visits as appropriate. Manages overall study recruitment campaigns and manages enrolment timelines
Uses operational and therapeutic expertise to optimize trial design and execution: works with the study team to design clinical protocol; provides input for the design of the ICF template, Source documents and CRFs
Prepares and/or reviews study-related documents (e.g., Monitoring Plan, Laboratory Manual, Patient Diary, Clinical Site Procedures Manual, Pharmacy Manual, and CRF Completion Guidelines). Prepares/reviews site study documents (i.e., site-specific informed consent, study tools/worksheets).
Responsible for ensuring that Project Team delivers timely and satisfactory Project and Client Clinical deliverables
Ensures all clinical trials are executed in compliance with international GCP guidelines/regulations and SOPs: participates in the planning of quality assurance activities and coordinates resolution of audit findings; ensures audit-ready condition of clinical trial documentation including central clinical files; reviews monitoring reports to ensure quality and resolution of site-related issues; coordinates and assists in the planning of regulatory or ethics committee activities, as appropriate
Management of all Clinical Trial Assistants (CTAs) and Clinical Monitors, to include coaching and providing guidance; Mentor the CTAs on the subjects of job performance, trainings and professional growth
Daily interaction with study Director, Clinical Services Branch and members of the cross-functional study team
Selects sites and countries; develops relationships with investigators and site staff
Lead the Cross-Functional Study Team as needed; frequent cross-functional interactions with internal and external personnel (e.g., Regulatory Affairs, investigators, vendors, etc.)
Lead and partake in regular team meeting / teleconferences; Participate/present at Client Presentation Meetings as necessary; Participate/present at Investigator Meetings as necessary
Communicate any out of scope issues to upper management as soon as identified
Other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree in biomedical sciences or related scientific discipline
8+ years of clinical research experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills required
Sound knowledge of medical terminology and clinical trial management process
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Knowledge of FDA regulations and ICH guidelines
Excellent skills at documenting study conduct and management
Effective business skills for interactive situations with peers, sites and clients
VIEW JOBS7/15/2018 12:00:00 AM2018-10-13T00:00The General Clinical Pharmacistis responsible for providing general clinical and pharmacy services. Thisincludes supervision of technical staff.
Duties (included but not limitedto):
* Interpret orders and transcribesor verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
* Accurately compound and dispensepharmaceuticals
* Complies with facility policyand procedures and regulatory requirements
* Monitor drug therapy regimensfor contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions,allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
* Suggests appropriate,cost-effective therapeutic medication alternatives to medical staff
* Sustain the hospital formulary,minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges andpromotes rational drug therapy selection
* Provide accurate and timelymedication information to healthcare staff and patients
* Assist with clinical servicessuch as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulantmonitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs asdefined by Pharmacy Leadership.
* Assist with the antimicrobialmanagement and other clinical programs
* Document all clinical activitiesand interventions accurately and completely
* Support and participate in thegoals of the organization's quality improvement, risk management and patientsafety program to include but not limited to National Patient Safety Goals,Core Measures and HCAHPS medication related initiatives.
* Complete notification reportsregarding medication errors and adverse drug reactions
* Participate in the training ofnew pharmacists, pharmacy students, and technicians
* Maintain professional competencysufficient to meet current and future needs of the facility
* Has knowledge of the patientpopulation served and apply that knowledge in the care of those patients
* Provide basic technical supportfor automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
* Effectively supervise pharmacyoperation activities and provides support to the whole pharmacy team
* Compliant with facility pharmacyschedule to work physically at patient care areas to interact with medicalstaff, nurses and other members of the healthcare team.
* Effectively and proactivelyintervene in conflicts between pharmacy and medical staff regarding drugtherapy issue resolutions.
* Train and participate withDisaster Team drills and real-event response as assigned
* Train and participate with CodeTeams as assigned. Obtain and maintain BLS-ACLS or PALS current certificationas appropriate.
* Maintain appropriate controlledsubstance records
* Comply with all regulatorystandards
* Prioritize work and lead othersto comply with facility medication turn-around time policy and procedure.Identify areas for improved efficiency
* Supervise and assist pharmacytechnicians and other support staff effectively
* Act as supervisor in charge asassigned
* Participate in the continuous qualityimprovement of pharmacy operations (operational/clinical)
* Provide input for improvingpharmacy computer system programs relating to pharmacy, nursing and physicianprograms
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
* Organization – proactivelyprioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
* Communication – communicatesclearly and concisely
* Judgment – Makes decisions basedupon job knowledge and experience. Considers all impacted areas in decisionprocess. Seeks advice where applicable. Judgment sensible and reliable.
* Customer Orientation –establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust andrespect by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations.
* Interpersonal Skills – able towork effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* PC Skills – demonstratesproficiency in Microsoft Office, Meditech, and purchasing vendor applicationsand others as required
* Policies and Procedures –articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, proceduresand systems
* Basic Skills – able to performmathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly,spell correctly and transcribe accurately
* B.S. or PharmD from anACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
Minimum of one year of hospitalexperience is preferred
Active pharmacist license ingood standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKINGCONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, somebending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manualdexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculatorand other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight torecord, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. May be exposed totoxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents. Work is an office or pharmacy environment.Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upsetpeople. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistancefor any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA CATEGORY – Thenormal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues(although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone,anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons whoperform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to performor assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in someother way.
VIEW JOBS7/15/2018 12:00:00 AM2018-10-13T00:00Director Advanced Clinical Applications
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is a fully accredited407-bed Level II Trauma Center, providing award-winning inpatient andoutpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meetthe needs of our ever-growing community we are investing $61 to build a newpatient tower, a new garage and expanding the Emergency Department.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, AventuraHospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infusedculture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - meansyou'll be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
AventuraHospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider ofhealthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune'slist of Most Admired Companies for nine consecutive years. In addition, HCAhas also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies forseven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Director CPOE and Advanced Clinicals Applications (DAC)is the key facility resource that is responsible for delivering thesuccessful implementation of advanced clinicals. They are responsible forcoordinating the completion of project assessments and parameter settings andassisting with the development of education/training materials. This individualparticipates in the company-wide community for CPOE, and works with theirdivision peers to ensure advanced clinical applications are well supportedthroughout the facility.
* Mature understanding of Meditech,proficiency preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Officeapplications
* Bachelor's degree required, clinicaldegree preferred
* 3-5 years' experience in clinicalapplications support
* Understands pertinent regulatoryguidelines such as Joint Commission, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR
* Demonstrated ability to establishand build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
* Demonstrated ability to communicateeffectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and inwriting
* Demonstrated customer orientation
* Excellent leadership and teachingabilities
* Demonstrated advanced computerskills
* An understanding, enthusiasm andcommitment to the goals of the project
* Leadership skills to direct othersand maintain a common vision for project objectives. Must be a motivator
* The ability to communicate withstaff at all levels of the practice, as well as with vendors and other outsideagents. Must have an interdisciplinary focus
* Effective organizational skills
* Good problem solving and analyticalskills
* Existing knowledge of the facility'sclinical/operational processes, challenges and Meditech environment
The ability to delegate tasks and enlist thecooperation and/or assistance of team members and others
VIEW JOBS7/13/2018 12:00:00 AM2018-10-11T00:00Overview
The Co Manager assists the store manager to operate the retail location by ensuring the store consistently meets and exceeds company standards and reinforces customer service through maintaining and representing the company's core values of service, quality and integrity to create total customer satisfaction.
The responsibilities of the Co Manager include:
* Demonstrates a strong leadership ability
* Participates in store selling efforts to ensure personal goals as well as store sales and productivity goals are met.
* Assist the store manager to ensure all operational responsibilities are carried out for both opening and closing procedures.
* Assist with recruiting interviewing and hiring of staff
* Train delegate and supervise staff to develop and maintain individual selling goals, customer service and product knowledge skills.
* Participate in weekly meetings with the store staff and maintain daily communications binder.
* Ensure housekeeping and safety standards are upheld through out the entire store.
* Ensure entire staff adheres to Mystery shop guidelines.
* Create and promote strong business relationships with vendors, mall management and local businesses
* Partner with Store Manager/ DM/ RM and/or Loss Prevention to address concerns regarding policy violations in a timely matter.
* Actively listens and accepts direction and guidance from management
* Maintains a positive, upbeat and energetic demeanor
* In the (long term absence) of a manager the Co Manager may have some of the responsibilities of a store manager. A District Manager will oversee the Co Manager.
* Other duties deemed necessary
* Previous retail experience preferably in a similar roll
* College Degree preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Reliable and prompt
* Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
* Computer literate (word, excel and lotus notes)
* Available to work flexible hours, 40 hours a week, 2 nights a week, weekends and holidays
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to lift and carry 25lbs.