Requisition #: req2033
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Bethany Christian Services Refugee and Immigrant department is committed to providing the highest quality care and supervision of youth being served. To assure that quality exists, the program only employs personnel that with good moral character, emotional stability, and of sufficient health, ability, experience and education to perform the duties assigned.
The Clinical Supervisor ensures that all treatment components are functioning effectively to meet the needs of all clients at Bethany Christian Services Refugee and Immigrant programs. Clinical responsibilities begin at onset of placement and continue through discharge planning process.
1.Provide indirect leadership at staff meetings so all facets of treatment plans are implemented effectively.
2.Provide weekly individual and team supervision to staff. Work to build a cohesive team and maintain positive staff morale.
3.Monitor assessment and treatment process for clients through supervision of therapists and lead therapists, making sure treatment is being effectively implemented and writted plan is adhered to.
4.Coordinate outside professional consultation, including psychiatric and psychological when needed. Ensure documentation for consultations is completed timely and effectively.
5.Maintain awareness of current trends and theories. Recommend changes in agency policies and practices when appropriate.
6.Maintain awareness of evidenced based and emerging clinical practices. Implement and maintain the use of these practices.
7.Be available for on-call clinical emergencies when needed.
8.Develop clinical skills and expertise with the clinical team to enhance treatment provided.
9.Assist in development, update and maintenance of program operating manuals.
10. Maintain, enhance, and develop positive relationships with referral sources, state and federal agencies, volunteer and community agencies, employers and individuals.
11. Attend project teams, local and national meetings that will enhance provision of services to clients.
12. Implement and enhance use of trauma-responsive Sanctuary model of care.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1.MSW of MA in a human service field.
2.Experience working with diverse population groups
3.Ability to pass required medical examinations and to have physical ability to fulfill essential functions, including restraints of a resident.
4.Pass a TB test annually and document preference to receive or decline Hepatitis immunization.
5.Possess the ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
6.Five years experience in a clinical treatment setting.
7.Three years clinical supervisory experience.
8.Eligible for full licensure or registration from the State of Michigan.
9.Computer skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
10. Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
11. Ability to effectively lead a team of licensed clinicians.
12. Excellent assessment skills
13. Demonstrate excellent clinical, culturally sensitive, therapeutic, and crisis intervention skills
14. Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment
Bethany Christian Services