Clinical Supervisor - (1.0 Fte, Evening Shift)
Seattle , Washington 98101
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job description: Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Clinical Supervisor (1.0 FTE, Evening Shift) to work in Inpatient Surgery Supportat Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA
The Clinical Supervisor is accountable for assisting the Manager in the management of clinical and operational activities, and able to provide patient care. Participates with the Manager and peers in establishing and enforcing standards of patient care and nursing practice pertaining to the unit in accordance with Swedish's Mission, Vision and Values.In this position you will:
- Accountable for assigned clinical operations, coordinating patient care activities on a daily basis in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
- Conducts rounds on all patients on the nursing unit and identifies any real or potential patient care issues and intervenes accordingly.Investigates patient and family complaints and facilitates service recovery.
- In collaboration with the Manager, plans and implements department staffing and scheduling to provide adequate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Serves as a mentor and role model to charge RNs and others in the management and organization of patient care activities.
- Participates in the identification, planning, and implementation of implementation of educational programs for all levels of staff and ensures active participation of staff in educational activities and research.
- Bachelors degree of nursing from an accredited school.Applicants without a BSN degree must actively pursue and attain a BSN within five years of hire. Continued employment by Swedish beyond five years is contingent upon attaining the BSN degree.Registered Nurses employed by Swedish prior to December 1, 2012 are encouraged to pursue the BSN degree, but obtaining the degree will not be a condition of employment.
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience in a related clinical area of nursing with demonstrated clinical knowledge and leadership qualities.
- Current License to practice as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- Current BLS Certification.
About the Cherry Hill Campus
- Experience as a Charge Nurse.
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.