Job Responsibilities: Exciting opportunity to join the Department of Social Works Child and Family Therapy Team that provides child and family therapy services on an outpatient and inpatient basis at Childrens Mercy Hospital. The Department of Social Work has a strong history of providing high-quality, compassionate care for the children and families at Childrens Mercy, which includes the provision of child and family mental health services. This position provides family therapy services within the Eating Disorders Clinic at Childrens Mercy College Boulevard in Overland Park, Kansas. Experience in family therapy is required. Specific knowledge and experience with family systems theory, trauma informed care, and eating disorders is preferred.
Job Requirements: Masters degree in Social Work MSW from Accredited Program 1-2 year's of experience LSCSW required LCSW required Minimum typing speed: 35 wpm Computer literate
VIEW JOBS12/13/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-13T00:00Position Summary/Career Interest
The Social Work Case Manager, under the direction of the Social Work Manager and Nurse Manager in Case Management, has responsibility to provide care/service safely and efficiently for a full range of services to patients of all ages and their families. Primary role is to collaborate, communicate and facilitate coordination of services post-hospitalization as established by the healthcare team and executed by the case manager. Responsible for the psychosocial assessment of patients, for post hospital discharge needs including home care, nursing home placement, durable medical equipment, financial assistance, counseling, and other community resources. Ensure appropriate decision makers are informed of and involved in treatment planning.
The Social Work Case Manager identifies, monitors, and reports opportunities for quality and performance improvement to the appropriate department. The Social Work Case Manager takes an active role in performance improvement activities as it relates to their area of assignment.
* Takes personal responsibility for completing assigned activities and seeks new opportunities to provide high-quality work/service; looks for ways to improve individual performance
* Is clear about daily tasks and shows a flexible, proactive approach to accomplishing responsibilities in the face of changing situations (e.g. patient emergencies)
* Shows respect in every interaction and builds trust; demonstrates adherence to code of conduct
* Shows willingness to learn new technologies, tools or systems, and is eager to gain new skills
* Understands personal and practical needs of all customers and takes appropriate action to meet expectations for quality care and/or service
* Has self awareness of own behaviors; makes changes in behavior to improve the service experience; is aware of how personal actions affect the customer experience; adjusts personal behaviors as needed to meet or exceed customer expectations
* Demonstrates the ability to work effectively within and across work units to deliver the best customer experience
* Plans daily routine to properly organize tasks and demonstrates the flexibility to meet immediate customer needs effectively and efficiently
* Proactively asks open-ended questions to clarify and resolve underlying issues; escalates issues promptly and responsibly as necessary
* Allocates time appropriately to effectively handle multiple priorities and varying workload
* Demonstrates stewardship through the identification and appropriate use of available resources (time, equipment and supplies)
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
* Certificate, License or Registration ~ LMSW or LSCSW
* Certificate, License or Registration ~ State of Kansas Social Work license
* Education: Master's Degree in Social Work
* Basic typing and word processing ability
* Experience ~ Experience in a health care setting preferred
The University Of Kansas HospitalOverland ParkKS
VIEW JOBS11/14/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-12T00:00Social Worker MSW PRN (per diem). Must have KS MSW license and minimum 1 year social work experience in acute care hospital or post-acute care facility; Able to work up to 2 Saturdays a month and possibly relief during weekdays . Able to attend mandatory 1 week orientation.
Recently named America's Coolest City.
Learn more about living in KC. http://www.thinkkc.com/with/HCAMidwest
Learn more about working at Overland Park Regional Medical Center: http://bit.ly/2fQGYbB
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
Social Worker MSW Position Summary:
* Social Work staff identify at an early stageof hospitalization all patients who are likely to suffer adverse healthconsequences upon discharge if there is not an adequate discharge plan. TheSocial Worker will arrange for any post-acute care needs as they areidentified. Other Social Work services may include providing crisisintervention, referrals to community agencies, counseling patients and familiesand leading support groups. Work may be stressful at times and it can involve dealingwith angry or upset people.
Education: Masters of Social Work (MSW) required.
Licensure/Certifications: Kansas Masters of Social Work license required
Experience: Prefer a minimum of one years' experience indischarge planning in an acute care hospital or in a post-acute care facility(i.e. skilled nursing facility, inpatient rehabilitation or long term acutecare hospital).
VIEW JOBS12/7/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-07T00:00Full Time
Social Services AssistantFull Time Social Services Assistant First Shift
Overland Park-SNF 12000 Lamar Avenue Overland Park, KS 66209
Job #: BSL7245512
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Assist the Director of Social Services in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing of community social service programs
* Meet with administration, medical, nursing staff, and other related departments in planning social services
* Perform administrative requirements (completing necessary forms, reports, etc.), and submit completed forms to the Director
* Provide information to residents/families about Medicare, Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available; Providing consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc.
* Participate in discharge planning, development, implementation of social care plans, and resident assessmentsRequired skills and qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED
* One year of previous experience preferred
* Flexibility with schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must enjoy working with the Senior Population
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Brookdale Senior LivingOverland ParkKS