Clinical Nurse I, Special Care Nursery/Nicu- Birthing Suites - Ldrp (Irvine, CA, US)
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Irvine , CA 92606
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Clinical Nurse I role provides direct patient care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act for assigned patients in Special Care Nursery/NICU. The nurse collaborates with other disciplines of the health care team to ensure the delivery of safe, timely and appropriate quality patient care. This includes providing physical assessments, nursing interventions, pain management, medication administrations, specimen collection, meeting nutritional and emotional needs, and education and discharge needs of the patients assigned. Utilizes the nursing process based on evidence-based best practices to meet patient care needs. Evaluates and adjusts the nursing care process as necessary with consultation as needed and confers with the appropriate resource personnel when making ethical/legal/medical dilemma decisions. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies, and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Ability to change as environmental, organizational, workload, task, direction and other conditions change while reacting in a positive and constructive manner.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and practice of Diversity in the workplace. Able to work with a diverse group of people in a manner that enables them to reach their full potential, in pursuit of organizational objectives, without anyone being advantaged or disadvantaged by irrelevant considerations.
Equipment Knowledge Knowledge of equipment, tools, technology and other devices in work area and the ability to use them to the extent required for the job. For clinical equipment, this is demonstrated by unit-based competency testing
- Follows all policies and procedures used to minimize the risk of spreading infections.
- Listens to and understands what others are saying. Establishes effective working relationships with others, contributing to a climate of mutual respect and cooperation. Uses vocabulary and grammar appropriate to the situation. Demonstrates sensitivity and tact, understanding own effect on the motivation, attitudes and actions of others. Makes favorable first impressions.
- Manages and administers prescribed medication, ECT and perioperative care, medication adherence assessment, medication education, medication review, and, monitoring of side effects of medication.
- Oral/Written Communication
- Ability to speak and write effectively, demonstrates fundamental command of language, communicates well using all mediums. Utilization of the Journey Boards to enhance communication of patients plan of care.
- Preparation and delivery of patient information in a manner that is consistent with the requirements of the job. Includes what happens during a clinical visit with patients and why a procedure or service is being performed or why a device is being used.
- Able to give advice or guidance in a specific area of clinical expertise or knowledge which results in a problem solved, information provided, and possibly a plan of action for the person seeking assistance.
- The knowledge of and adherence to the workplace procedures associated with an area of focus.
- The knowledge and attentiveness to safety as well as compliance with the rules regarding safety
- Ability to anticipate resource needs and then arrange, prioritize and shape activities to meet Treatment Planning objectives.
Education, Training and Experience
Clinical Nurse Is at Magnet designated facilities only require a BSN or that a BSN program is started within one year of hire date and BSN degree is attained within two years of the starting the BSN program.
16 hours of lactation education and 4 hours of demonstrated bedside hands-on competencies within 6 months of hire required for Baby Friendly designation.
License and Certifications
BLS . NRP, ACLS Certifications
LDR RN: Basic Fetal Monitoring and Advanced Fetal Monitoring every other year.