Clinical Manager (Rn) - Home Health & Hospice
Heritage Management Services
Las Cruces , NM 88001
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Sierra Home Health & Hospice, a full service home health and hospice agency, is seeking a Clinical Manager to assist our Administrator with nurse management and clinical operations. With our patient census growing rapidly, we are looking for a qualified, compassionate individual to join our team! The ideal candidate will effectively manage our nursing staff, as well as collaborate with physicians and our multidisciplinary professional staff in order to better serve our patients and deliver the qualify care they deserve. The Clinical Manager will develop policies, implement quality improvements, and handle administrative processes for various areas of clinical operations. Located in the heart of southern New Mexico, Sierra has proudly served Las Cruces and the surrounding areas with compassionate, patient-centered care for over twenty years.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintains nursing operations and guidelines by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting nursing division's philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
- Maintains nursing staff by assisting with recruitment, selection and training of nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning nursing and staff; following up on work results.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other health care professionals.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to nursing staff, patients, and families.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
- Achieves financial objectives by assisting the Clinical Director in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Accepts other assignments as appropriate.
Qualifications & Job Related Functions:
- Current, unencumbered RN License
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in home health and hospice nursing
- Prior successful nurse management experience strongly preferred
- Judgment, supervisory and effective communication skills
- Ability to create a safe, effective environment that fosters medical teamwork
- Valid drivers license and availability of insured transportation
Benefits & Allowances:
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health benefits