Great opportunity for aClinical Development Educator / Surgical Servicesin the northern area of Florida. SHIFT:Full Time No Weekends Responsibilities of theClinical Development Educator / Surgical Services
Will be educating new employees and continuing education
Responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility.
Responsible to have the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in the development, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
Education is designed to improve professional practice and provision of quality care. To accomplish this goal the CPDS participates in designing and identifying educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, which may include licensed and non-licensed healthcare personal
These activities are developed to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice
Requirements of the Clinical Development Educator / Surgical Services
Bachelors degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical-related field required; Masters degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field preferred.
State of Florida RN License or appropriate compact licensurerequired..
3+ years experience in clinical education/adjunctprofessor required; 5+ years OR RN experience in an acute care hospital setting required
Certification as NPD Practioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center
AHA BLS Certified required
This facility is a full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida
VIEW JOBS10/8/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-06T00:00North Florida Regional Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital in Gainesville, FL, with. Survey data for the latest year available shows that 55,287 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. The hospital had a total of 25,192 admissions. Its physicians performed 6,740 inpatient and 9,875 outpatient surgeries.
Located in Gainesville, FL, North Florida Regional Medical Center is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health and wound therapy, among other services.
A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in 2010, 2011 and 2012, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction ™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
The Clinical Professional Development Educator (CPDE) is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility.
The CPDE actively collaborates in the entire orientation/onboarding process. This includes participating in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating on-boarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel. To meet this expectation includes the following:
* Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention
* Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment
* Promotes cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient orientation/onboarding practices
* Role models organizational and personal commitment to new employee success
* Collaborates with the Education Coordinator the logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders inform
* Collaborates with the Director Clinical Professional Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results
* Incorporates organizational values/culture
The CPDE is responsible to have the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in the development, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency. To meet this expectation includes the following:
* Comprehends and interprets competencies to staff
* Role models competent practice
* Identifies learning needs of staff
* Assesses practice gaps comparing competencies to actual practice
* Plans educational content with learner engagement
* Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market Director to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management activities.
* Identifies appropriate resources for problem solving
Education is designed to improve professional practice and provision of quality care. To accomplish this goal the CPDS participates in designing and identifying educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, which may include licensed and non-licensed healthcare personal in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes. These activities are developed to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. To meet this expectation includes the following:
* Assesses practice gaps.
* Identifies learning needs.
* Identifies desired outcomes
* Plans educational content delivery with learner engagement.
* Collaborates with Clinical Education Market Director to evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and feedback
* Promotes safe, quality and compassionate patient care.
* Aligns educational programs with organization's policies and procedures
* Ensures that educational programs meet regulatory requirements.
* Understands adult educational theory and able to apply to the development of educational programs.
* Demonstrates an understanding and ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
* Incorporates organizational values/culture.
* Supports new ideas and innovation in educational design.
* Identifies resources for problem solving.
* Utilizes current, best evidence.
* Provides staff with resources and education to implement changes
Research Evidence-based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
The CPDE must promote and integrate the EBP in order to continuously improve practice. In addition, they promote research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings. CPDS may conduct, encourage, facilitate, and/or participate in research, EBP, and QI, including dissemination of findings. To meet this expectation includes the following:
* Works with others to identify problems and solutions and collaboratively create the change strategy
* Assists in the implementation of change strategies
* Embraces meaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and action toward change in others
* Identifies appropriate evidence to guide practice decisions
* Creates a supportive environment for nursing research, scientific inquiry, quality improvement and evidenced-base practice
* Supports research activities that align with the organizational strategic plan
* Disseminates research findings through educational programs, courses, and other activities
* Consistently maintains and sustain practice changes using principles of implementation science
* Exhibits creativity and flexibility through times of change
The CPDE collaborates with partners to share experience in planning and decision making to achieve the desired results. Interprofessional collaboration involves multiple healthcare personnel from different professional backgrounds collaborating to deliver the highest quality.
* Works collaboratively with interprofessional teams as assigned.
* Identifies opportunities for collaboration; initiates collaborative efforts i.e., facility Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Associate CNO and Nursing Directors
* Considers and communicates impact of activities on other departments/professions/community
* Demonstrates the ability to utilize evidence-based simulation models to design, implement, evaluate, and standardize educational programs for staff in the use of clinical simulation, debriefing and assessment.
* Communicates professionally using appropriate methods
* Collaborates with the Market Director, Clinical Professional Development on a regular basis to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine educational activities.
* Contributes to organizational initiatives/strategic planning as appropriate
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical-related field required.
* Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field preferred.
* 3 years' experience in clinical education required
* 5 years' RN experience in an acute care hospital setting required
* Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state(s) in which he/she practices, in accordance with law and regulation
* Certification as NPD PR actioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center
* AHA BLS Certified required
VIEW JOBS10/19/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-17T00:00Requisition No: 85102
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: HEALTH EDUCATOR - 64081137
Position Number: 64081137
Posting Closing Date: 10/21/2019
Internal Agency Opportunity
Applicants accepted only from Department of Health employees, (includes OPS, Career Service, SES or SMS employees). Applicants will not be accepted from outside of the department.
The Area 3 &13 (Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Putnam, Suwannee and Union Marion, Lake, Citrus, Sumter counties) Linkage Re-Engagement Coordinator (LRC) is a regional position within the Area 3/13 HIV/AIDS Program responsible for linking newly diagnosed and re-engaging previously diagnosed HIV-positive individuals into the HIV/AIDS system of care within Area 3/13. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting with linkage/re-engagement activities for the region by ensuring newly diagnosed individuals are linked to care within 30 days and that linkage to care (LTC) field records in PRISM are followed up on and closed out within a timely manner. The LRC will also coordinate with local surveillance, STD and HIV prevention and care programs to assist with Data-to-Care linkage and re-engagement activities for the area/county. The incumbent in this position requires minimal supervision and makes independent decisions in providing direct disease and public health awareness intervention activities to CHD STD Prevention and Control Programs including, but not limited to Partner Counseling and referral Services (PCRS) , epidemiological case analysis and investigations, notification, counseling, and referral services, of individuals exposed to or at risk of infection from HIV/AIDS and co-infections with other bacterial, biological and viral agents.
Conducts field investigations in accordance with current STD program policy to locate, perform venipuncture (if required), specimen collection, and or refer for counseling, medical evaluation, and or treatment of individuals infected with or suspected to be at risk of infection for HIV/AIDS or co-infections. This position will follow all FDOH policies to notify individuals of their need for testing and/or treatment. May transport clients in state owned or personal vehicles as requested.
Coordinate with and act as a liaison to linkage specialists in Area 3&13 to ensure Linkage to Care (LTC) field records in the PRISM database are followed up on and closed out in a timely manner within the PRISM database. Regularly monitor the status of all LTC field records for the area and provide technical assistance and training to linkage specialists to ensure the accuracy of linkage outcomes and timeliness of record close-outs. Ensure all newly diagnosed individuals are linked to care within 30 days. Coordinate and manage test and treat clients.
Act as the primary contact for the HIV/AIDS Section Linkage Team. Participate on regular linkage/re-engagement calls and provide regular updates to the HIV/AIDS Section on any successes, challenges, or changes experienced with linkage/re-engagement efforts or staff.
Coordinate with local HIV/AIDS surveillance and STD program staff to ensure Data-to-Care line lists are worked in a timely manner. Communicate regularly with surveillance, STD and other staff to assist with linkage and re-engagement activities for the area/county. Ensure information about each linkage/re-engagement is accurately documented and provided to surveillance staff for submission with the line list documentation, once complete.
Collaborate and coordinate with HIV testing, linkage and Disease Intervention Specialist (DIS) staff at County Health Departments (CHD), public and private medical providers, HIV case managers, community-based organizations (CBO), perinatal linkage staff, State and County correctional staff, community health center, and other HIV testing sites to link HIV-positive individuals into the HIV/AIDS system of care throughout the area/county. Have knowledge of local care and treatment delivery system. Complete initial Ryan White Patient Care Eligibility Application when necessary and set up initial appointment(s) for access into the medical care system for these individuals. Follow up with the provider and individual to confirm that the individual kept their set appointment. Attend client initial linkage and/or re-engagement appointments, as necessary.
Enter all testing, linkage and/or re-engagement services into the Health Management System (HMS), the State Ryan White CAREWare system, the STD Prism system and any and all other reporting systems as needed on a regular basis. Explore and disseminate information on existing community services that would assist HIV-positive individuals with the practical aspects of adherence such as transportation, obtaining needed medications, receiving Medicaid or private insurance, etc. Provide HIV education and information to HIV-positive individuals as needed.
Attend HIV staff meetings as requested.
Services as back-up to the Area 3 & 13 LRC position. Provide HIV/STD testing/education to high risk clients as needed and schedule permits.
This position requires that the candidate have experience working in HIV. Have experience linking clients to HIV care.
Preference will be given to those candidates who speak spanish.
All applications must be completed online through People First. No faxed or mailed applications will be accepted by the agency.
NOTE: Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process.
This position requires a security background check and participation in direct deposit. Any misrepresentations or omissions will disqualify you from employment consideration.
Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
Department of Health Career Service employees enjoy the following benefits:
* State of Florida Retirement package - 3% employee contribution required
* 9 Annual paid holidays
* Ability to earn 104 hours of paid Annual Leave (annually)
* Ability to earn 104 Hours of paid Sick Leave (annually)
* Health insurance for individual or family coverage
* Life insurance
* Additional supplemental insurances available such as dental, disability, etc.
* Tax Deferred Medical and Child Care Reimbursement Accounts available
* Tuition waiver available
Your take home pay can be significantly influenced by your insurance premiums. Compare your current premium with the State of Florida employee premiums!
Monthly employee premium for the standard PPO/HMO:
Single coverage is $50
Family coverage is $180
Monthly employee premium for the High Deductible Health Plan PPO/HMO:
Single coverage is $15
Family coverage is $64.30
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Gainesville
State Of FloridaGainesvilleFL
VIEW JOBS10/20/2019 3:51:51 AM2020-01-18T03:51<span style="font-size:14px;">Great opportunity for a <strong>Certified Surgical Technologist - CVOR</strong> in the northern area of Florida.</span><br />
<b>Shift: </b>Full-time Days (rotating weekends)<br />
<strong>Offering: </strong> Sign on Bonus and Relocation Assistance<br />
<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Responsibilities of the Certified Surgical Technologist - CVOR: </strong></span>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of patients as determined by the registered nurse. Responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel. </li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">The Surgical Tech assists in all aspects of the operating room.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be within 30 minutes for call requirements.</li>
<span style="font-size:14px;"> <strong>Requirements of the Certified Surgical Technologist:</strong></span>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Completion of an approved program for surgical techs.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Prior Surgical Tech experience and/or training preferred.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Demonstrated communications and customer service skills, success in organizing work and ability to multi-task. </li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Ability to follow written and oral instructions.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">BLS and Certified Scrub Tech</li>
<span style="font-size:14px;"> This facility is a full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida </span><br />
Healthcare Employment PartnersGainesvilleFL