Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group.
We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.
State of CT Registered Nurse
Provides clinical leadership and expertise in area of specialty and provides staff counsel. Collaborates with the manager in the development and implementation of education processes for surgical patients. Provides coordination of the planning process for surgical patients.
1.Provides clinical leadership and expertise in area of specialty. Counsels staff in conformance with Hospital policy.
2.Collaborates with the manager in the development and implementation of education processes for surgical patients undergoing or undergone surgery.
3.Evaluates staffing requirements and recommends changes as needed.
4.Provides input in the development of departmental policies and procedures. Maintains guidelines and protocols, and monitors adherence to protocols by provider.
5.Develops and implements patient education as appropriate to the specific patient population.
6.Works with multiple providers in giving care to surgical patients.
7.Triage's patients appropriately in the absence of the physician. Responsible for taking thorough and accurate histories on all new patients at time of surgeon consultation.
8.Ensures the appropriate maintenance of surgical equipment and medications. Ensures the practice remains compliant with medication storage and utilization, surgical equipment handling, cleaning, and sterilization procedures.
9.Assists with in-office procedures as requested.
10. Performs simple wound evaluations. Provides wound care dressing changes, suture and staple removal as directed.
11. Collaborates with physician, Home Care in-patient nurses and case coordinator to facilitate the care of patients with complex needs throughout the care process. Coordinates patient care needs pre-operatively with other members of the healthcare team.
12. In absence of an available provider, acts as a liaison with residents, other MD's and nurses, as needed to ensure continuation of patient care.
13. Assists with the implementation and evaluation of the after-care plan through a process with patient and family, linking patient with appropriate resources.
14. Oversees program compliance. Ensures the delivery of quality and cost effective care through problem solving and implementation of quality assurance/improvement measures.
15. Attends education as appropriate for specialty.
16. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: three years
Desired: BSN preferred. Certification in area of specialty.
Location: Danbury-111 Osborne Street
Org Unit: 580
Department: DB General Surgery
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 10
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
Significant occupational risk
Medium to Heavy effort. May extert up to 35 lbs. force
Significant exposure to dirt, odors, nose, human waste, etc.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Danbury Health Systems