Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Clin Coord Photopheresis Therapy
Yale-New Haven Health
New Haven , CT 06501
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
OverviewTo be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These valuesintegrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassionmust guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.Responsible for coordinating all aspects of nursing care associated with Photopheresis therapy. Works in collaboration with members of the nursing and physician team in planning, providing and evaluating care to Photopheresis patients. This role: - participates in the screening, preparation and monitoring of patients in the outpatient facility; serves as a clinical consultant in the establishment of YNHH policies, protocols, and cost analysis relating to the Photopheresis Therapy Program; - provides continuity of care to protocol patients by acting as a resource person and as a liaison between referring agencies and the Hospital.
Administers experimental drugs as prescribed by investigating physicians and participates in a variety of specialized diagnostic research activities, on human subjects.
Conducts all training for program's personnel and evaluates their performance. Participates in committees related to Photopheresis Therapy.
Develops and conducts education programs for other nursing staff as needed. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.EEO/AA/Disability/VeteranResponsibilities
- Facilitates entry of patients into the Photopheresis Program through interview and establishment of individualized patient care profiles.
- Coordinates in collaboration with the patient and the Physician team the overall nursing care needs of patients receiving Photopheresis Therapy (including planning short term /long term health care objectives, performing appropriate interventions with evaluation of effectiveness, ensuring education and comprehension of the treatment plan).
- Provides Age-Appropriate care for the Photopheresis patient including assessment of physical, psychological and emotional responses of patients to their diseases and treatments
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation of the patient experience using available tools and forms in accordance to YNHH policies and procedures.
- Continuously monitors patients and equipment during treatment. Promptly recognizes emergency situations, and immediately institutes appropriate emergency action.
- Prepares, operates and maintains Photopheresis equipment. Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions as necessary
- Collaborates with other Hospital departments, (i.e., Biomedical Engineering, Materials Management) to ensure equipment maintenance and adequacy of appropriate supplies.
- Coordinates the patient treatment schedule, ensuring appropriate consultations, laboratory tests, follow-up and supportive care services in collaboration with the patient and multidisciplinary as necessary.
- Accountable for the orientation of new Photopheresis staff members, providing an evidence-based, structured, and methodical approach conducive to the learning style of the orientee.
- Promotes staff education by developing and conducting in-services, education programs for nursing and allied health care professionals as needed.
- Active committee participation (Administrative Planning Committee, Photopheresis Interdisciplinary Patient Care Committee, etc) in support of furthering quality patient care at YNHH
- Support research utilizing the interventions of ECP, lending clinical and technical expertise in the design, implementation and revision of research protocols and the preparation of manuscripts for publications.
- Participates in the audit of clinical studies by project sponsors and/or regulatory agencies. Ensures that appropriate follow-up and necessary revisions based on the audit are undertaken
BSN highly preferred
Minimum of 1 year Extracorporeal Photopheresis Nursing experience.
Maintain current CT RN liscensure
Intermittent prolonged standing, intermittent lifting > 50lbs