Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
• Full time focus on addressing security vulnerabilities, identified by scans or by vulnerability coordinators, based on priorities set by CIS in collaboration with other organizations
• Perform in-depth technical analysis of the vulnerability and determine course of action/remediation plan
• Lead efforts related to designing, planning, enhancing, and testing all distributed systems platforms used throughout the enterprise including base-lining current systems, trend analysis and capacity planning as required for future systems requirements.
• Lead technical assessment, research, and testing of new technologies as requested using client server design, automation, and scripting best practices and procedures.
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan the use of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation and effective use of allotted resources.
• Responsible for third-level technical support of Client Server systems providing expert problem analysis and resolution in a timely manner.
• Participate in all areas of technology management, systems development or systems implementation as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent education and related training
• Eight years of experience with distributed systems in Information Technology
• An extensive understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
• Thorough knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis and systems tuning. Adept with network interfaces and technologies
• Knowledge of multiple programming/script languages with proficiency in development of systems and program interfaces
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification