Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Client Accounting Services Specialist - Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne , IN 46801
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Client Accounting Services Specialist - Fort Wayne
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Reinsurance provides clients and brokers with reinsurance products, insurance-based capital market instruments and risk management services. Reinsurance operates globally through two segments Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Reinsurance revenues totaled USD 29 billion in 2016.
About the Role
In this position, you are accountable for effectively managing a specific client portfolio, as well as building and maintaining professional client relationships. The main tasks of the position are reviewing technical aspects, quality management and portfolio analysis, alongside providing solutions to issues. You will be required to provide excellent external customer service, to understand client needs and concerns and actively seek to address them in developing solutions. You will perform client visits and reviews of client's administration processes alongside the Client Data Analysis & Review Expert team members. You will act as a Technical Accounting representative towards internal and external stakeholders by providing strategic advice, feedback and analysis. This occurs in close collaboration with the Operations teams. The incumbent requires a strong working knowledge of the L&H end-to-end processes and related dependencies. The role includes active contributions to the organization's value creation by simplifying processes, as well as being the Business Bound representative for Business Management Americas during the onboarding of new business. Support Business Management's core responsibility to enhance in force business and enable growth and innovation.
- Responsible for specific client portfolios. Cultivate client relationships and expand client networks - with our clients and within the industry. Ensures client understands and adheres to treaty terms and conditions. Identify/develop and share best practice recommendations and guidance with clients and internal stakeholders. Escalates portfolio analysis findings and recommended solutions to internal stakeholders. Aligns organizational initiatives with strategic priorities. Provides innovative ideas to enhance business results. Maintain a solid understanding of Swiss Re Solutions, their application and the value they bring to the client. The incumbent collaborates across regions to maximize our global expertise.25%
- Work with Technical Accounting colleagues (Operations and Quality Assurance) to develop data quality/reporting solutions for our clients and facilitate reporting to internal stakeholders. Serve as liaison between TA and Client Markets to address operational issues/concerns (e.g. data quality, collections, burdensome administrative practices). Develop strategies to address issues identified through portfolio reviews. Where appropriate, develop common, reusable approaches, recognizing global implications. 25%
- As the Business Bound representative, ensuring proper onboarding of new business. Be a Business Management ambassador, representing Claims and Actuarial as well as Technical Accounting. Serve as both enabler and enforcer, as needed. Actively engage and influence Client Markets and various cross-functional teams to recommend and support client strategies. Coordinate with Client Markets to discuss minimum data requirements in compliance with Swiss Re's standards. Coordinate with cross-functional team to assess risk and propose revised data requirements where clients are unable to satisfy agreed data standards. Ensure contract reflects agreed data standards. 20%
- Understand Swiss Re Client and Market strategies; work with stakeholders to define and deliver appropriate levels of TA/BM service continually considering Right Client Right Service strategy, while keeping client buying behavior in mind and developing or adapting services accordingly. 10%
- Support quarterly projection meetings with Client Markets and Finance. Be prepared to discuss client specific accounts in regards to timeliness of reporting of new business in particular for new treaty wins. Proactively reach out to clients for volume estimates if data is not yet in-house. 10%
- Working in conjunction with the Client Data Analysis & Review team, conduct client administration reviews and deliver world class audit services Identify candidates, coordinate pre-review work, lead discussions with clients during/post review, produce and disseminate draft and final reports focusing on broader potential impact. Engage stakeholders to drive for timely resolution of issues. Address breakdown in client reporting and failure to adhere to treaty terms and recommended actions. Engage cross-functional team to implement solutions and where appropriate, treaty remedies, for client reporting issues. 10%
Post-secondary education (diploma or Bachelor's degree) or related work experience in an insurance/reinsurance environment
Strong financial analysis skills; proven ability to monitor the development of a client portfolio including the ability to analyze individual performance drivers
Progression through LOMA exams to attainment of FLMI designation or equivalent work experience
Strong knowledge of insurance and reinsurance products and features
Inquisitive and analytical working style
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Entrepreneurial and self-motivated mindset
Strong solution and result oriented and pragmatic problem-solving approach
A positive attitude towards a dynamic and international environment
Effective written and oral communication skills
Other languages (French, Spanish) are an asset
Organizational and time management skills
Minimum of 3 years related experience in reinsurance/insurance environment
Possess a strong knowledge of computer fundamentals. Takes full advantage of computer programs and office tools to maximize productivity and conduct data analysis and portfolio trending(e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel, and BOXI)