Class A CDL - Home Every Night
Houston , TX 77093
Posted 7 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Were one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 38 distribution center locations, 5 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Are you looking for a local CDL opportunity with a company that offers the latest/safest equipment for their drivers? Are you seeking competitive pay, excellent benefits, and job stability? If so, look no further than Merchants Metals!
The CDL Driver will operate local runs. High activity season will require availability to work maximum hours allowable under DOT safety compliance. The environment is fast paced, operation early-late, Monday - Friday only. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Drivers are required to strap, weigh station, and tarp palletized loads
- Perform routine pre and post trip inspection inspections
- Properly secure and strap heavy loads for travel and demonstrate proficiency in Forklift Certification Training
- Maintain accurate and legible logs and records in compliance with DOT and company standards to include but not limited to: maintenance reporting using Xata Turnpick (new service for posting driver logs, pre & post trip inspections), fuel ticket records, delivery manifests and documentation, and necessary customer delivery signatures
- Perform preventive maintenance safety inspections (tires, mirrors, brakes, fluids, tarps, straps) and fueling duties
- A valid Class A CDL with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- At least 1 year of experience operating a flatbed truck
- A clean 3-year MVR report
- Pre-employment DOT physical, drug test, and criminal background check required
- Successfully complete Decision Driving Safety course including but not limited to written test and observed road test
- Able to distinguish proper inventory via SKUs and labeling and communicate effectively
Merchants Metals offers an exceptional benefits program that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.