Class A CDL Driver
Big Red Machinery Movers, Inc.
River Hills , WI 53209
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position Summary: Under a foreman’s guidance a Millwright will Install, assemble, dismantle, move, and assist with repairing machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings in factories, plants and other various industrial settings.
Wages Hours and Benefits: $16-$22/hour, Benefits available 1st of the month 30 days after start date (health, life insurance, short tearm life, dental, 401k after 1 year of service)
Normal office hours Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. May exceed these hours.
Essential Duties and
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions safely, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Secure cargo for transport, using blocks, chains, binders, or tarps.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations as needed.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 40,000 lbs, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver equipment, or other materials.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Assistance with Installing, aligning, taking apart and moving stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices
- Inspect and examine company owed machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust and maintain company owed machines and equipment
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction)
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for periods of time.
- Performing overhead work.
Education and Experience:
- 2 to 3 years of mechanical experience
- CDL Class A (needed)
- Prior forklift certification (helpful)
- Knowledge of rigging and hitching (helpful)
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma