Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Coulter Jewell Thames is seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer to join its established Durham, North Carolina-based firm on a full-time, permanent basis.
As Civil Engineer, you will apply standard civil engineering practices and techniques to a variety of site and infrastructure projects and will be responsible for maintaining client relationships, civil engineering project management, design, permitting and construction observation.
- Provide support and design on commercial, residential, municipal and other site development projects.
- Design engineering projects including site layout, roadway design, grading, drainage, stormwater management, water and sewer design, erosion and sediment control and site utilities.
- Participate in the planning, design, and production of engineering construction documents (including drawings, specifications, cost estimates, reports and permit packages).
- Conduct engineering investigations and planning work that may include collection and analysis of data, performance of routine engineering calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternative solutions.
- Provide engineering services during construction activities such as shop drawing reviews, progress reports, site visits and record drawings.
- Participate in team and client meetings.
- Prepare engineering proposals and development of scoping documents.
- North Carolina Professional Engineer license and registration is required, however, out-of-state candidates will be considered and will require licensing within acceptable timeframe.
- BSCE in Civil Engineering and 3+ years progressive civil engineering experience.
- Demonstrated competency in storm water BMP design and in general site design experience including site layout, roadway, drainage and utilities.
- Experience with design studies, site grading, drainage and utility infrastructure design, permitting, and construction administration.
- Experience in Durham, NC and the Research Triangle area a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interface with clients, other project disciplines and regulatory personnel is required.
- LEED and sustainable design experience preferred but not required.
- AutoCAD proficiency is required. Familiarity with Carlson a plus.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel to complete tasks and meet project budgets and deadlines.
Coulter Jewell Thames provides medical and dental insurance as well as participation in 401k.