Advanced Civil Drafting Technician
Are you ready to advance your career? Come join a team that is dedicated to your growth and success. This job is for a 5-year+ experienced advanced civil drafting technician that will be approximately 40 hours/week with paid time and half for overtime. This company is a start-up firm that accelerates the latest technology to being implemented within the project types.If you feel limited come on a board where you can progress within the company and become a principal with excellent compensation.
The types of projects are for single-family, multi-family, mixed-use, and commercial projects in the Seattle-area. Candidate must be a self-starter and understand how to obtain details from the agency having jurisdiction (AHJ).Military experience is a plus.Experience must include plans and profiles created in Civil 3D, obtaining sections from Revit, and competency within the Autodesk AEC Suite. This company on average pulls over 100 permits per year on various type of projects.
This position will report to the Principal Civil Engineer. Responsiveness is key in consulting and understanding how to communicate with the design team and agencies. This position is for someone who holds a firm understanding in consultant communication, client expectations, project management, and technical requirements.
The company is growing and offers 401K, healthcare insurance, and profit sharing.
- Associates degree with 5 years with extensive work in site development. Be prepared for an in-depth interview process where technical questions will be asked.
- Understanding code requirements for drafting standards and how to research them. Work within the City of Seattle with SDOT and SDCI is preferred.
- Able to work with AutoCAD to get quantity takeoffs for cost estimates.
- Must understand building layout, sidewalks, water system, sanitary sewer, stormwater, and street roadway design in an urban setting.
- Competency in Civil 3D for road profiles in extreme rural settings
- Must be able to pass a background check for federal military work.
- Must be skilled at the Autodesk AEC suite and ability to cut sections in Revit
- Must have a high school education and associates degree in drafting.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. for manhole visual inspections.