Technology Services LLC
Boston , MA 02114
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Sr. Administrator manages the MIcrosoft, VmWare, and Citrix environment including xendesktop and XenApp and is the subject matter expert on Citrix. Will support network and end point technologies for a mid-sized enterprise environment in Boston (downtown)
Must have experience and proven experience for the following:
- General Citrix administration
- Publish applications in Citrix
- Create new Citrix servers
- Build servers in VMware
- General VMWare/Windows/AD administration
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for successful technical implementations of projects, working directly with customer's IT staff as necessary.
- Ability to conduct basic Project Management tasks (i.e. Customer Status calls, escalations with Vendors, etc).
- Creation of formal documentation for project implementations & solutions.
- 5+ years of relevant enterprise Citrix engineering experience.
- 3+ years of VmWare
- 5+ years of MS Administration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
OTHER TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience in deployment and management of Office 365 core components and related cloud architecture.
- Experience support AD and Exchange in mid-sized enterprise environments
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- SME in Citrix
- Expertise in Microsoft Technologies
- Expertise in Active Directory Group Policy (GPO/GPP)
- Expertise in Application Packaging & Delivery
- Strong Understanding of Scripting (i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, etc)
- Strong Understanding of Windows Infrastructure Components (i.e. DNS, DHCP, DFS, AD Sites/Replication)
- Experience with Operating System Upgrades & Deployments (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
- Experience with User Data Migration (i.e. Microsoft USMT, Custom Scripts, etc)
- Familiarity with VMware ESXi
- Broad technical understanding as well as the self-motivation to always be learning new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent oral communication skills; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Excellent writing skills; Email, system documentation or analysis reports.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; is dependable, enthusiastic, self-starting and self-motivated.
- Intense focus on meeting deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to work in fast paced and changing environment.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration attitude.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.