Child Welfare Program Manager
Requisition #: req1936
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Bethany Christian Services' heart is for children. Our mission is to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Partnering with families for the well-being of children is our top priority.
Responsible for the successful administration and management duties of the Foster Care, Licensing, Project Open Arms, Juvenile Community Justice, and Older Child Adoption programs. Maintain consistency with professional standards, DHS licensing regulations, COA standards and DHS outcome based standards.
1.Be responsible for comprehensive case process from intake, case assignment, foster and adoptive family assessment, placement, and family supervision to case closure including post placement support services.
2.Provide regularly scheduled formal and informal supervision to supervisors, staff and interns. Regularly assess each supervisor's systems of reviewing cases and their status with the casemanagers to ensure that quality assessments occur.
3.Supervise staff consistent with job requirements, program and agency expectations, DHS licensing requirements and COA standards.
4.Ensure agency policies and procedures are enforced through completion of staff evaluations, conference requests, time sheets and reimbursement vouchers and other relevant documentation.
5.Maintain programming in accordance with project team approved service manuals.
6.Ensure that outcome measures of DHS and other contracts are met in a timely and effective manner.
7.Manage staffing and vacation schedules to ensure adequate coverage and availability of services.
8.Ensure effective operations through recruitment, selection, training and orientation of new staff.
9.Oversee coordination of case distribution assignments in a fair and equitable manner.
10. Work with Supervisors to build a cohesive team and maintain positive staff morale.
11. Participate in program and agency committees that address service delivery systems (i.e. Unit Team meetings, Project Teams, Foster Care/Adoption management team meetings) and implement program development.
12. Maintain awareness of current trends, theories, state licensing regulations, legislation and practices through review of professional journals and literature, participation in relevant educational forums.
13. Maintain, enhance and develop positive and professional relationships with referral sources, community agencies, courts and individuals. Participate in community forums as relevant to job responsibilities.
14. Develop and maintain Foster Care, Licensing, and Older Child Adoption operating manuals.
15. Participate in the preparation of the annual budget, goals, scorecards and objectives.
16. Work in collaboration with other program staff to ensure effective coordination of services between foster care, licensing, and adoption units.
17. Participate in and ensure that on-call system meets program needs.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
1.MSW or MA/MS in human service field.
2.Demonstrate excellent assessment, therapeutic and crisis intervention skills.
3.Two years prior experience in child welfare.
4.Demonstrated supervisory, written and verbal communication skills.
5.Eligible to obtain professional licensure or registration in the State of Michigan.
6.Maintain a reliable automobile and adequate insurance coverage.
7.Knowledge of state, community and agency resources.
8.Computer skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
9.Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
1.Prior supervisory experience.
2.Prior foster care, licensing, older child adoption experience.
Bethany Christian Services