Child Nutrition Worker
Little Rock School District Child Nutrition Dept.
Little Rock , AR 72201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Child Nutrition Worker follows the Child Nutrition Department state and federal guidelines and procedures to provide nutritious reimbursable meals to the students of the Little Rock School District. Reports directly to the Child Nutrition Manager.
Terms of Employment: FLSA: Non-Exempt.
$10,960 - $$16,959 186 Day Contract plus benefits package (5.5 Hours per day does not include health insurance. 6.0 hours and above includes health insurance). Precise placement on the salary range will be determined by experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Food Handling certificate or ServSafe Certification preferred.
- A minimum of two years of food service experience required. Preference given to K-12 related experience.
- Dedicated to providing customer service to students, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be a team player and follow rules and policies as directed.
- Must process the skills and ability to read and follow standardized recipes.
- Proficiency in the use of institutional food-service equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and meal accountability software programs preferred.
- Ability to understand and apply instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and recipes and procedure manuals.
- Ability to understand food preparation and safety instructions.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations
- Ability to lift 25 pounds; up to 50 pounds utilizing the team lift method.
- Must have a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate and Driver’s License or Picture ID.
- Must submit and pass a criminal background check.
BASIC PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains personal appearance and hygiene practices required.
- Reports to work on time every day.
- Complies with all safety and sanitation regulations per standard operating procedures guidelines
- Preparation and service of food according to the menu of the day, using acceptable HACCP child nutrition techniques to provide the highest quality of food possible.
- Reads and follows recipe instructions.
- Proper portion control is to be used at all times to meet meal requirements.
- Proper storage and handling of foods to meet sanitation requirements.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all equipment, serving pieces, dishes, utensils, and cooking items.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the preparation, service, storage, employee facilities, and dining areas.
- Operates equipment safely per instructions.
- Communicates with coworkers, customers and staff about meal items.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
Mental Functions, Physical Requirements, and Working Conditions:
Must be physically able to lift heavy loads (25 pounds and up to 50 pounds utilizing the team lift method) and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job and possess the ability to work in all environmental conditions to perform common functions and duties. Frequently required to use hands, arms, stand, bend or stoop.