Chief Medical Officer
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 2 weeks ago
Withings is world-renowned for bringing elegantly designed, medical-grade health devices into the homes of consumers.
We are looking today for our Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
As Withings CMO, you will champion our clinical industry development and have an impact on the product development as well on the business side. The CMO will be the primary medical voice of the company both internally and externally. This strategic position reports directly to the CEO and is part of the Withings leadership team.
You are convinced that digital health is revolutionizing health and care. With your strong knowledge of the healthcare industry, you will foster a medical culture in the organization by educating Withings team to diverse medical topics. You will bring medical expertise, supporting our teams in their effort to develop innovative new products, and covering all aspects of medical, regulatory, and clinical affairs.
Leveraging your strong experience and network within the healthcare industry, you will initiate cross-industry collaboration on medical topics and will represent Withings as a speaker at conferences and events.
This position requires a mature personality with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, able to interact with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, and a strong capacity for resilience and adaptation, in order to be successful as part of Withings culture of innovation.
You will join a passionate and dynamic team that is moving fast, aiming to disrupt healthcare.
- Provide strong medical/clinical expertise and strategically support Withings teams in functional areas including R&D, Data Science, Marketing, Sales.
- Provide guidance on the health care system, track scientific and clinical insights, developments in the industry through competitive intelligence.
- Orchestrate and manage clinical outcomes of regulatory strategies and interactions with U.S and E.U. regulatory bodies (FDA, Medical CE). Participate in finding suitable predicates, and proof of equivalence.
- Define a clinical trials strategy by being involved with the product team in the definition, analysis and reporting of results of clinical trials.
- Contribute to the training and continuing education of Withings teams on medical topics.
- Manage Withings Medical Advisory board and other medical consultants.
- Represent Withings and develop our relationships with potential investors, medical regulatory bodies, and healthcare industry thought leaders.
- Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- Proven leadership experience in the Healthcare industry with a strong network of professionals in this industry (medical professionals, institutions, researchers, laboratories, CRO...)
- Knowledge of relevant FDA and EU regulations and guidelines; prior successful interactions with FDA personnel is a plus
- Previous interaction with scientific committees and boards (AHA, ESC, AASM etc.)
- Enthusiasm and deep belief in the transformative potential of digital health devices and technology for the healthcare industry
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and excellent problem-solving skills
- Team builder, capable of interacting effectively with external contacts and also internally within a multicultural environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in particular in English, French is a plus
This position is based in our Boston office and requires frequent international travel to our French office (Paris), as well as to partner meetings, trade shows and events.
If you want to be a major contributor to the success of the next adventure of health, join us!