Chief Financial Officer
Austin , TX 73301
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We're looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world.
Newchip is a global startup focused software suite that provides world changing early-stage startups with the tools, skills, mentorship, and network necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to exit. We're a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we're looking for the next member of our team.
We've helped fund over $150M into companies and are looking for team members that want to truly help startups by connecting them to our services and product suite. If you're looking to make a difference in the world while also generating personal success, this role will provide you with the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality.
Mission Statement: We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere. That being said, we're a 100% personal meritocracy so before we move forward do you fit our core company values?
- Personal Integrity- We take ownership for our responsibilities and do what we say we will do no matter what.
- Humble & Coachable- We have respect for authority and experience, but also a hunger for constant feedback.
- Self Motivation- We strive to learn, grow, and constantly improve ourselves so that we can contribute to the team.
- Gritty Resolve- We face down all adversity, we take all criticism, and we get knocked down, but we always get back up.
- Passionately Ambitious- We put everything into our work because accomplishing the team goal, equals personal success.
- You have experience with startups, SaaS, and technology products
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship, startups, and love Shark Tank
- You can connect with, lead, and influence executive decision-makers
- You have the ability to hire, build, and retain high performance teams
We are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer or CFO to perform effective risk management and plan the organizations financial strategy. It is a very important and complex role since an organization can only survive if it actively investigates and safeguards its finances. A CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader since all relative departments of the organization will be under their command. The goal is to protect the companys revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
- Drive the company's financial planning
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organizations liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organizations fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organizations operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the companys finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and companys policies
- Manage team of financial controllers and financial analysts.
- Proven experience as CFO, finance officer or relevant role
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- CPA is a strong advantage
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with hundreds of startups
- Market leader in compensation to include: salary, performance incentives, and equity/stock options
- Organizational remote team culture with team flown in quarterly to meet up at our HQ in Austin, Texas
- Comprehensive team Medical, Insurance, Dental, Vision, Disability, and 401k Program Benefits
- Leader in PTO: 14 Days Vacation, 10 Company Holidays Per Year, 4 Days Medical Leave, & Election Day
- Monthly planned company, departmental, and team outings to build team culture and engage community