Chief Executive Officer
Marlyn Group LLC
Birmingham , AL 35203
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Chief Executive Officer of Parking is responsible for the planning, operational, and service functions for the authoritys parking operations. This role strategically elevates planning and policies to ensure the authoritys parking facilities promote the authoritys mission and deliver on resident, visitor and city expectations through advanced operating practices, technologies and customer service.
What You'll Love To Do
- Directs the work of the department by developing and carrying out the vision of the department established in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Delegates and reviews work assignments; hires, develops, and evaluates team members to ensure a high-performance customer service work environment through effective communication and coaching.
- Manages the authoritys off street parking operations including short and long-range planning, rates, collections, security, commercial property management and facility maintenance.
- Directs the formulation, documentation, implementation, and enforcement of departmental policies.
- Continually remains aware of external relations/ control (e.g., hiring a OPI consultant, outreach/ partnering with community causes, building relationships with other partners providing parking/ transportation, etc.).
- Responsible for recommending to the board those industry best practices, current trends and key initiatives (e.g., technology, construction, operations, personnel training and development etc.) that align with the Citys present and future strategic goals.
- Develops and directs department strategic plan and related goals and objectives.
- Represents BPA to the public, attending, serving or participating on boards, agencies, committees, commissions and professional groups relevant to the parking needs in the City.
- Designs, administers, and directs Capital Projects; collaborates with various entities and other stakeholders regarding parking challenges, the design, development and refinement of new and existing parking facilities; forecasts funds required for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies, and manages the department budget.
- Prepares periodic, routine, and special reports relating to the financial performance of the department and prepares and justifies budget estimates.
- Develops equipment and software replacement funding strategies and plans; oversees the implementation of replacement hardware and software systems.
- Maintains responsibility for department compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
- Ensures implementation of and adherence to the BPAs Affirmative Action and Diversity Work Plans. Facilitates staff development on such issues as diversity and creating a respectful work environment.
Who You Are
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Public Administration or closely related field.
- CAPP Certification
- Seven years of progressively responsible professional team leadership experience, with at least three years in the public sector.
- Possess basic financial and business knowledge.
- Experience applying principles and practices of public administration, as well as familiarity with municipal organization structure, functions and programs.
- Experience developing and implementing sound budgets and financial management systems.
- Ability to maintain relationships with and liaison with various private and public agencies and deal effectively with the public and other interested groups.
- Technology hardware, software, and networking experience including an understanding of future trends and their applicability to the organization.
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring teams with complex responsibilities.
- Ability to interact with members of a diverse public with courtesy, tact, firmness, and good judgement.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and through written correspondence.
- Experience leading financing and construction effort in building or renovating public facilities with government bonds.
- Experience with government bid procedures and requirements.
What You'll Gain In Return
- A competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
- An opportunity to work with the BPA Board of Directors to drive change and elevate the parking experience for the City's residents and visitors.
- Work in dynamic environment to grow your career while utilizing your expertise to serve the needs of a diverse group of stakeholder while leading a team of parking professionals.