Ad Astra Talent Acquisition (Confidential Company)
Santa Clara , CA 95050
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This NewSpace startup is located in Santa Clara, CA and has around 11 - 50 employees. They provide comprehensive space-based systems and mission support services for applications such as satellite communications, science, technology demonstrations, and earth observation.
This company is already cash flow positive and healthy as an organization.
Initially this would be an individual contributor role setting the standards of excellent quality for engineering at the organization. This will include reviewing the designs of other engineers.
This role has the potential to develop into the VP of Engineering or even
- Lead the technical decision-making processes and guide technical development across all space systems disciplines
- Lead technical reviews, engineering change, and configuration management process adherence
- Identify technical issues and proactively implements resolutions to mitigate schedule and cost impacts
- Identify vendors and oversee spacecraft component selection
- Provide technical mentorship to team members and monitor technical integrity of all team member contributions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, math, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in satellite design, development, test, and operations across multiple flight projects/programs
- Repeated experience taking satellite products from concept phase through prototyping, qualification, launch and operation
- Demonstrated leadership of space systems engineering teams
- Demonstrated breadth and depth across multiple spacecraft engineering disciplines
- Broad understanding of the spacecraft component supply chain and broad network of vendor relationships across the supply chain
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal