Torrington , CT 06790
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Dymax Corporation, of northwest Connecticut, is a world-renowned producer of oligomers, adhesives, coatings, dispensing systems, and curing equipment. Where our competitors supply products, our company teams up with customers and commits to developing solutions that help customers lower costs, improve efficiencies, and increase their profitability. This focus on customer partnership has led us to become where we are today: a rapidly expanding force within our industry, with a comprehensive product portfolio, extraordinary employees, and a bright future based on creating quality offerings with a dedication to business growth.
We seek a results-focused, innovative, customer-centric well-qualified individual for our Chemist II role, based out of Torrington CT. In this role you will develop new products that will contribute to company growth by managing projects and timelines, product planning and development, implementation and testing, drawing conclusions based on results, and by synthesizing and scaling-up new oligomers that meet customer requirements. You will:
- Lead new product development projects to meet customer needs and timetables by coordinating work projects, managing project deliverables, and performing hands-on laboratory synthesis
- Validate the performance of synthesized products by developing model formulations and performing analytical and mechanical property tests.
- Ensure the effective transfer of developed products to production by utilizing understanding of company manufacturing capabilities, and identifying critical product and process parameters.
- Provide technical application support for newly developed products by making application recommendations and delivering technical presentations or test reports to external stakeholders
- Generate new product ideas and concepts by researching market and competitor developments and trends, staying current with patent/chemical literature, and reviewing market trade publications
- Ensure the companywide familiarization of new product qualities by drafting SOPs and Work Instructions, and providing training and technical expertise to internal stakeholders
You should have:
- A Bachelors Degree, or higher, in a Science, preferably Chemistry, Polymer Science, or Materials Science
- With a Bachelors Degree, at least 7 years industrial experience in material and formulation development for UV-curable technologies.
- With a Masters Degree, at least 3 years of industrial experience in material and formulation development experience for UV-curable technologies
- With a PhD, the area of your doctoral degree should be in Chemistry, Polymer Science, or Materials Science
- Detail orientation and strong analytical skills. Motivated and a self-starter, you will be handling challenging technical business needs
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence and build consensus
- Experience in polyurethane-based adhesives/coatings desirable.
Dymax offers its employees attractive salaries, personal growth opportunities, and excellent benefits packages including Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision), Retirement Plan (401K), Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D), generous Paid Time Off and Public Holidays, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, free uniforms and footwear, Training & Development, Tuition Reimbursement, and Wellness Resources.