Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Paradigm is looking for a Chemical Technician to support our client, HP Inc., at their location in Corvallis, Oregon.
Type: Long-term contract, 40 hr/wk, on-site
Location: Corvallis, OR
Pay Rate: DOE
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO
In this role, you will:
- Perform formulation or analysis of materials and components utilizing standard chemical/laboratory instrumentation for R&D, Product Development and Manufacturing activities
- Work with partners to solve analytical requests and communicate results accordingly
- Ensure adherence to good laboratory practices when required, in the areas of Laboratory Safety, Instrument Calibration, Instrument maintenance, Instrument troubleshooting and problem solving, Method Development, Laboratory Documentation Share Ownership Plan (SOP), Quality System Support (R&R)
- Apply extensive knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job
- Work on assignments that are complex in nature and require judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions
- Complete work with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments
- Clean small chemical spills in the lab
- Create ink builds on the scale of 800L, and manage chemical inventory and finished goods for such builds
- Work with and clean pressurized liquid filtration systems
- Package, lift, and manage large quantities of chemicals and inks
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Natural Sciences with 1-3 years experience operating Analytical equipment
- Comprehensive theoretical knowledge/experience of chemical concepts and principles
- Technical knowledge/experience in operating multiple types of modern analytical instruments
- Experience in statistical analysis of data
- Knowledgeable laboratory practices and safety rules
- Experience in mentoring and training laboratory personnel
- Expert knowledge of routine chemical laboratory procedures, equipment, chemical nomenclature
- Thorough knowledge of the theory and operation of simple analytical testing (pH, conductivity, viscosity, etc.) and/or routine chemical formulation procedures
- Thorough knowledge of the theory and operation of more complex analytical instrumentation (particle size, contact angle, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of general chemistry and/or materials analysis theory
- Working knowledge of chemical synthesis techniques
- Ability to recommend testing procedures for technologies supported
- Ability to perform advanced, non-standard lab practices (titration, purification, etc.)
- Ability to develop complex experimental/analytical methods
- Ability to design experiments (DOE) and to perform chemical synthesis
- Ability to perform data analysis and interpretation
- Ability to make effective written and verbal presentations to multiple levels
- Ability to develop instrument capability
- Financial transaction and accounting skills
Paradigm offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, and PTO.
About Us, Paradigm
Want to love Mondays? It's possible when you love what you do. Paradigm is a San Diego staffing agency dedicated to finding the perfect job for candidates. We're connected with some of the most innovative tech companies around, giving our employees that competitive edge needed in today's job market.
We are proud to offer a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. We value diversity and promote respect in the work place. We are an equal opportunity employer.
About our Client, HP Inc.
Please visit www.hp.com to learn more about our client.
Only local candidates able to work directly for Paradigm as W-2 employees can be considered for this position. No agents, please.