Chemical Process Engineer
Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A.
Point Comfort , TX 77978
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position was established at the Point Comfort, Texas location and exist in order to optimize the utilization of physical assets and technology resources to manufacture the highest quality products in the most efficient and effective manner, reduce costs and increase operating profits. Process Engineers increase productivity and add value by integrating technology, personnel, plant assets, energy, EH&S requirements, maintenance, engineering, instrumentation and production and material flow processes; all while sustaining a safe and healthful working environment that meets environmental, health and safety regulatory and Company requirements, resulting ultimately in a profitable and competitive position for our Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide technical stewardship by validating processes are at optimum efficiency, anticipate problems through analysis and data tracking, troubleshoot process problems, ensure Process Safety Information is accurate and complete.
- Provide technical expertise to reduce manufacturing costs and improve product quality.
- Participate in the design and implementation of equipment and process improvements, material of construction improvements, and efficiency and cost control improvement, and champion them to completion.
- Purchase chemicals and maintain chemical inventory needed for process.
- Operate the Distributed Control System (DSC) to monitor processes.
- Develop and revise Plant Standard Operation Procedure.
- Prepare and implement to completion, Capital Improvement Projects and Managements of Change Projects.
- Monitor the process data and compare it with laboratory data to optimize product quality,
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Observe and monitor processes. React to and solve process problems.
- Prepare Abnormal Analysis reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED: MINIMUM COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR PRIOR TRAINING:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering preferred. Other engineering discipline considered.
- 0-3 years working experience in chemical manufacturing facility.
- Mathematical skills, Technical writing skills, computer skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a rapid-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Ability to provide strong analytical skills to cross-functional engineering teams
- 5 years' work experience including project management