Chemical Mill Operator
Lansing , MI 48933
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The chemical mill operator is responsible for operating the chem mill to clean etch parts and operate blasters according to the established standard work for production purposes.
- Clean etch parts for production.
- Add of dilute acid in tanks based on the etch rate.
- Operate tumble blaster.
- Operate rotary blaster.
- Visually inspect parts.
- Read micrometers and calipers.
- Complete required router information.
- Prepare part and paperwork for lab.
- Complete hardness test (Rockwell test) on lab part after heat treat.
- Enter/scan data into M2M to complete production activities.
- Track Production – Read Routers
- Process, receive and ship daily heat treat
- Perform housekeeping per 6S schedule.
- Assist and train others as needed.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge and understanding of etch rate.
- Ability to use hand measuring tools (ex. micrometers, calipers, Rockwell tester etc.)
- Good practice of using personal protective equipment to eliminate injuries with acid exposure.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must adhere to Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Lifting of materials up to 50#
- Requires repetitive grasping, manipulation of materials.
- Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced quality –oriented manufacturing environment.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
- Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org