Shin-Etsu Silicones Of America
Akron , OH 44305
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Shin-Etsu is seeking a punctual, driven, and dependable Technician who will perform the assigned multi-skilled tasks in the production and processing of silicone rubber compounds.
- Measure all raw, in process, and finished materials in an accurate manner. Record weights neatly and accurately.
- Follow all mix instructions explicitly and sign off on each instruction according to standard procedure.
- Use all production equipment and hand tools in a safe and proper manner. Bring any hazards to the team leads attention immediately.
- Follow the Stop, Call, Wait and all other safety procedures explicitly in all aspects of the operation.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Clean all production equipment and work areas adjacent to equipment between batches and at end of the shift. Move all scrap, empty containers, and production waste to the proper disposal area. Maintain and clean tools or other aids and store in the proper location.
- Make recommendations for changes/improvements to ISO-9000 work procedures as needed.
- Maintain good communication with oncoming shift.
- Utilize maintenance work order system to communicate any repairs needed to equipment or to resolve an unsafe situation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a production environment preferred.
- Experience with hazardous chemicals at a chemical company strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate (verbal and written) effectively.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to wear all required PPE.
- This position operates in an inside manufacturing facility.
- The role may require operation of the following equipment:1,000-liter planetary mixer, 1,000-liter ram press, 40-liter planetary mixer, 40-liter ram press, 350-liter planetary mixer, 350-liter ram press, tow motor, Banbury, dispersion mixer, belt, drop mill, extruder, finish mill.
- The position can be exposed high and low temperatures and noises.
- Lifts up to 50lbs
- In contact with silicone rubber, powders, fluids
- Stands 8 hours/day or more
- Performs repetitive hand and arm motions
- Performs twisting, bending, stooping motions
- Forces 55 gallon drums with dolly