Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Chemical Compounder - 2Nd Shift
Shin-Etsu Silicones Of America
Akron , OH 44305
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Must be able and willing to accept a temp to perm opportunity.
- 2nd shift (2pm-10pm) Monday - Friday
- Occasional mandatory overtime scheduled on
- Measure all raw, in process, and finished materials in an accurate manner. Record weights neatly and accurately.
- Use all production equipment and hand tools in a safe and proper manner. All safety procedures should be explicitly followed and any hazards need brought to the team leads attention immediately.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Clean all production equipment and work areas adjacent to equipment between batches and at end of the shift. Move all scrap, empty containers, and production waste to the proper disposal area. Maintain and clean tools or other aids and store in the proper location.
- Follow all mix instructions explicitly and sign off on each instruction according to standard procedure.
- Make recommendations for changes/improvements to ISO-9000 work procedures as needed.
- Maintain good communication with oncoming shift.
- Use maintenance work order system to communicate any repairs needed to equipment or to resolve an unsafe situation.
- Follow safety procedures explicitly in all aspects of the operation.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or GED preferred. 3-5 years experience in a production environment in a position requiring weights, measurements, and close attention to detail preferred.
Technical: Must have the ability to read and interpret written instructions.
Communications: Must have the ability to take directions and to carry out instructions from the supervisor in an orderly and efficient manner. Must be able to function as a team member in a closely knit group.
Work Style: Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter. Must have moderate problem solving and troubleshooting skills and be capable of identifying potential problem areas. Must maintain all daily functions accurately and on time. Must be punctual and have proven attendance and safety record.
This position operates in an inside manufacturing facility routinely operating equipment that may include: 1,000-liter planetary mixers, 1,000-liter ram presses, 40-liter planetary mixers, 40-liter ram presses, 350-liter planetary mixers, and 350-liter ram presses. The position can be exposed to high and low temperatures and noises.
- Lifts up to 50 pounds
- In contact with silicone rubber, powders, fluids
- Stands 8+ hours/day performing detailed work
- Performs repetitive hand and arm motions
- Performs twisting, bending, stooping motions
- Forces 55 gallon drums with dolly
- Operates tow motor
- Climbs up to 3 stairs